Control MultiWii quadcopter over bluetooth

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
v1ck

Control MultiWii quadcopter over bluetooth

Post by v1ck »

Hello Every One!
Im getting started with my quadcopter journey and i already assembled one with QAV BlackOut frame on ZMR 1804 and 10A SimonK.
I`am using arduino NANO as FC with Gy-86 sensors.

I recenlty bought Bluetooth dongle and connected it to RX nad TX on arduino and i am able to receive all the data to Ez-Gui on my android phone.
But the question is, as i cant afford to buy RC controller, is it possible to control multiwii quadcopter over bluetooth ?

I would really like to see it flying as i will have to wait one more month before i can afforde to buy RC controller ;)

Best Regards

Arakon

Re: Control MultiWii quadcopter over bluetooth

Post by Arakon »

Technically, yes. Practically, this is a really bad idea. The range is very short (worst case with motors running, 5-10 meters), and when you get out of range, the copter will either crash or fly away. Unless you want to start saving up for a completely new copter again, wait till you have a proper transmitter.

v1ck

Post by v1ck »

Hi.
Iam aware of the short range but i just want to fly in the apartament in less that 3m range ;)
Can you tel me how to control it via Bluetooth?

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

It's under advanced/model control. Shame about your copter, flying it without skill with something as unreliable and inaccurate as a touchscreen, you'll wreck it in no time.