OctoCopter + GPS ready code

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
mathias_popsel

OctoCopter + GPS ready code

Post by mathias_popsel »

Hi,

Is there anyone that have experience with Octocopters? I found many codes on the internet. most of them are not working. Does somebody have a code (and using it in his octo) that want to share with me?

brewski

Re: OctoCopter + GPS ready code

Post by brewski »

mathias_popsel wrote:Hi,

Is there anyone that have experience with Octocopters? I found many codes on the internet. most of them are not working. Does somebody have a code (and using it in his octo) that want to share with me?

Try Eos Bandi Download http://eosbandi.com/downloads/ This version will do Octo as well as GPS/MAG Missions, RTH, Land etc with full GPS integration, but only on FCs with ATMega 2560 & preferably Crius AIOP V2 with onboard Mag disabled (easy) and Ext Mag or GPS/mag mounted remotely on mast. I have been running this setup for most of this year with remarkable results. It probably pushes the limit of 8 bit processors but at least the AT2560 has a bit more grunt to cope.
I tried the pre release 2.4 but not impressed & reverted after a few flights as found not as stable especially with default settings, plus Headfree was eliminated which was good for FPV at distance when video link dropped out.

mathias_popsel

Post by mathias_popsel »

Hi brewski,
thanks for the link! I have istalled the code but i have some issues... if i startup the GUI, is see that the sensors are working, but the navigator engine is disabled. also if i move the TX commands, nothing is changing... Do i have to change something in the code?

brewski

Post by brewski »

mathias_popsel wrote:Hi brewski,
thanks for the link! I have istalled the code but i have some issues... if i startup the GUI, is see that the sensors are working, but the navigator engine is disabled. also if i move the TX commands, nothing is changing... Do i have to change something in the code?

The nav code relies on a number of things to function.
You must have GPS functional and satellite count must be 5 or >. You will see Sat count in WinGUI or GPS LED on FC. i.e. rapid flash no 3D lock. 1 flash =5sats, 2 =7 etc.
A functioning and calibrated compass is also required & you must have this selected together with any nav function.
Nav functions are only shown as active after arming

If no TX functions are showing in WinGUI then FC is not seeing output of receiver. If you are connected using single servo cable (PPM sum) then you need to uncomment the appropriate code for your brand of RX in config.h
If you are using parallel connection of all RX outputs then you need to comment out any reference to PPM.

mathias_popsel

Post by mathias_popsel »

Ok i managed to solve this problem by commenting all The things concerning the tx in The code, next problem i have is that when arming The motors dont spin. They start sponning after The throttle is over The middle possition, Also The 4 of The motors acting strange and are nog in sync with The other motors...

brewski

Post by brewski »

mathias_popsel wrote:Ok i managed to solve this problem by commenting all The things concerning the tx in The code, next problem i have is that when arming The motors dont spin. They start sponning after The throttle is over The middle possition, Also The 4 of The motors acting strange and are nog in sync with The other motors...

Have you calibrated all ESCs? Check out Beginners Guide viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5363

mathias_popsel

Post by mathias_popsel »

Hi brewski, i have flyed The copter with other codes, this problem popped up sind i try using eosbandi... I use turnegy multistar, i red The manual But there is nothing to set in The esc About throttle calibration...

brewski

Post by brewski »

mathias_popsel wrote:Hi brewski, i have flyed The copter with other codes, this problem popped up sind i try using eosbandi... I use turnegy multistar, i red The manual But there is nothing to set in The esc About throttle calibration...

Take off props. Plug ESC directly into Throttle port on RX. TX throttle on full & connect Lipo. You will hear beeps (program mode) then immediately lower throttle to minimum. Disconnect power & reconnect. Motor should now respond in linear fashion with throttle. Do same for other ESCs.
You can make up a 1-8 cable using servo extensions & do them all together. There is an ESC calibration routine in Config.h that you can uncomment & run (don't forget to recommend after) but I have found direct connection to RX more accurate.

mathias_popsel

Post by mathias_popsel »

I think i have found my problem, i have 4 esc that acting strange when i put them directly in The received. Totdat i ordered 8 New ones, without bec, The previous ones were with a bec, is it possible that this is The problem?

brewski

Post by brewski »

mathias_popsel wrote:I think i have found my problem, i have 4 esc that acting strange when i put them directly in The received. Totdat i ordered 8 New ones, without bec, The previous ones were with a bec, is it possible that this is The problem?

It shouldn't matter whether BEC or not. If ESC will not calibrate then there is something wrong. It is always best to use all the same make & model/current ESC