Tricopter Yaw servo doesn't work

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Mweeks

Tricopter Yaw servo doesn't work

Post by Mweeks »

Just built my first tricopter with Multiwii Pro and 2.3. Currently everything seems to be running perfectly, (haven't put props on yet) except I have no yaw servo movement on the Tricopter. It's in D2 now, I've seen a couple references to a non existent D11, or using D7 as well as commenting //#define MEGA_HW_PWM_SERVOS but the combinations I've been trying just haven't worked. Anybody come across an answer for this?

Thank you again for the help. This forum has taught me a lot!

a8med

Re: Tricopter Yaw servo doesn't work

Post by a8med »

Are you sure that the servo works? Take a lock in your code and see what frequency you have set the servo to.If it is a analog servo you should have 50-100 Hz

wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

Does it have power ?
not all flight controllers provide 5V on all output pins.

You might have to get the 5V from somewere else.

Mweeks

Post by Mweeks »

Thanks guys, it is set at 50hz and does have power upon checking so then realized it turned out to be a bad servo despite being brand new. I tried a cheap one I had laying around and it works but jitters like crazy as soon as I attach the battery. Seems to settle down a bit after linking with the TX but think I'll go buy a new one tonight to try. Just searching now for advice for Analog vs Digital

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

good analog is better than cheapo digital.
Metal gear is well worth it for TRI