Help a newbie - no arming light!

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
schuh

Help a newbie - no arming light!

Post by schuh »

OK, I'm new at this and somewhat of an old fart, so please be kind. (I do software consulting for a living - so I'm not hopeless I think ! ;o)

Standard homebuilt quad with a Hobby King 328P controller. I was flying (badly) in acro mode but decided I wanted to turn on LEVEL and BARO modes.
I have a bluetooth module, so I connected it and used an android app called multiwiii config. I turned on LEVEL mode by checking all 3 boxes in the aux1 column. Also checked all 3 boxes in BARO row in the aux1 column (and wrote to the controller.)

After I disconnected the bluetooth link I noticed that I couldn't arm the quad with stick down and right (yes, I had receiver link). I then went back to "multiwii config" and removed all check marks and it would arm and disarm fine. I tried many time to activate LEVEL and BARO but each time the quad would not arm!!

I finally removed all checked boxes and wrote to the controller again. Now it will arm/disarm and fly in acro, but the blue arming light on the board will not come on. This is driving me crazy!

One more question. Do you have to disconnect the bluetooth module to fly the quad ?

capt

Re: Help a newbie - no arming light!

Post by capt »

I don't think it will arm in BARO mode. Think about it and ask why you would want the quad to hold the altitude (ground level) you are trying to arm the motors at?
Only check one box for BARO > H/M/L and assign a TX CH and switch to activate BARO hold when you have the quad at the desired altitude. Do the same for other modes unless you want that mode active at all time (all 3 boxes checked.)

schuh

Re: Help a newbie - no arming light!

Post by schuh »

Thanks capt, Ill give that a try1