tricopter boom drops slowly

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
rubadub

tricopter boom drops slowly

Post by rubadub »

im new to the multiwii and am trying to get an rcexplorer tricopter configured in acro mode. I'm having a problem with the left boom dipping very slowly and causing the tri to start rolling left after approx. 10 seconds. Ive tried adjusting rhe CoG and also adding some right roll trim to counteract the arm droop, but this hasn't worked very well. The ESCs are calibrated, and I have even power from all three motors when throttling up. I've also tried increasing the roll I-term a little bit, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect, and I haven't wanted to risk increasing it further.

It almost seems as if the leftward rotation is too slow and gradual for the gyro sensor to detect and attempt to correct, but this is just a guess on my part. does anyone have any recommendations on how I might be able to fix this? Should I be trying to keep working on adjusting the I-term? It seems like adding a lot of roll trim is a cheap solution...

scrat

Re: tricopter boom drops slowly

Post by scrat »

Did you check in gui when sticks are centered...they are at 1500us?