HOW TO LAND

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
engamila

HOW TO LAND

Post by engamila »

Hi all

After arming the quad I increase throttle.Then quad hoover to some height and fly away without increasing the pitch or Roll.In this situation I try to land my quad by decreasing the throttle however it suddenly felt down to the ground No smooth landing.Please any one can post small guideline for how to fly using multiwii 2.3? Help me please.Now my quad was damage too much. :(

waltr

Re: HOW TO LAND

Post by waltr »

Been there.
The issue is you need lots of practice with moving the sticks only as much as needed and very smoothly.
My first landings with a quad were as you describe (even with years of experience flying fixed wing).

My suggestion is to get one of those small "toy" quads to practice with. I have a couple of the Hubsan H107L's that I can fly indoors.
My first landing with this little quad was drop out of the air, slam into the floor, bounce, hit the throttle again, bounce off the ceiling, kill throttle, drop and bounce off the floor again. Not a pretty sight. After a few flights I was able to land with only a few bounces. Now, after flying it a few times every day for two months, I can bring it in to a smooth landing at the exact place I want.

So, you just need to practice, practice, practice. First just keep the Quad level by applying stick movement very gently.
Last edited by waltr on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

engamila

Post by engamila »

Thanks for the reply waltr.So I need to practice it. :)

Arjun

Post by Arjun »

Use barro sensor , BMP 180 or ms56110 and hold altitude , with barro mode , and dont disable barro mode throttle down its gratualy take over

Arjun

Post by Arjun »

Use barro sensor , BMP 180 or ms56110 and hold altitude , with barro mode , and dont disable barro mode throttle down its gratualy take over