Crius SE V 2.5 Flight Control Board

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
mrsand

Crius SE V 2.5 Flight Control Board

Post by mrsand »

Hello All

I have been flying for over 4 years but multirotor flight is relatively new...I have no programming experience but i am studying

I'm using a CRIUS SE V 2.5 FCB and intend on using MultiWii 2.3 --- and in my mind cannot resolve an issue with installing the confi h. in Arduino. I am trying to define the above board only its not found in the list. The Crius SE V 2 is there.

Can I define the V2 board then use the MW 2.3 and continue on setting up from there,....or should I be trying another approach.

I know this is basic but thats where I am. If this is not the proper forum for help advice on this issue please advise other.
Thank You in advance for your help.

mrsand

sismeiro

Re: Crius SE V 2.5 Flight Control Board

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

One of the things you need to pay attention is the sensors that the FC has. From what I gathered from the Internet:

MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accelerometer with Motion Processing Unit
HMC5883L 3-axis digital magnetometer
BMP085 digital pressure sensor

MPU6050C 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit
HMC5883L 3-axis digital magnetometer
BMP085 digital pressure sensor

Both FCs seem to have the same sensors, you just need to pick one FC on config.h that has the same sensors and verify their orientation when they output values.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

mrsand

Post by mrsand »

Luis

I appreciate your comments and direction, that makes sense...I'll try the Crius SE V2 definition and use the latest MW Config 2.3 and move forward,...most likely I'll have other questions in the near future

Thanks for the help
mrsand

mrsand

Post by mrsand »

Well, I have been trying to load a sketch into the board for a long time today. I believe it is defined correctly....In Ardunio the QuadX is defined & the Crius SE V 2 is defined in the config H area. The sketch compiles and is verified...when I upload it...it moves along but at the end a red sentence appears showing a sync error...a common error for many apparently. I have pittled and pittled with the usb ports, re-compiled/reloaded the sketch and a few other things to no avail. The Device manger has been opened and the com port verified, however, the FC board never appears in the device manager when I look..only the FTDI chip shows . Now all this time the copter sits on the table assembled with all the wires plugged into the board (esc's, receiver, and the pitch roll yaw wires). The usb cable is connected to com4 and the FTDI chip, the correct board and com port is called out correctly...when I load the sketch the board shows green and only a couple of short red pulses/blips appear on the FDTI chip giving he appearance the board is loading.. but then the error appears. I finally decided to remove all the wiring off the board pins and try to load the sketch. The sketch appears to have loaded on the board --the board is flashing blue and the FDTI chip is constantly emitting red pulses & no red error line appears in the sketch bottom window. I am lost in space and don't really know if the software is actually loaded...but I"ll look at it again in the morning. Sorry for such a rant...I WILL get this done.

I guess I need to know if the FC board should be free of the wiring from the components when loading software. Thanks for any advice and help

mrsand

m.homayoun

Post by m.homayoun »

Hi
i have a problem and question.
my problem:
when i use larger battery with more power and more weight(180g more) my H-copter sometimes suddenly fly up and down and My throttle Reactions late after 2 or 3 seconds!!!
Is it because of the weight of the battery?or Do I have to change PID's?Does barometer affect my board?
my question:
how can i see the voltage of my battery on mw GUI?Do I need a special module?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

quadcopterNewb

Post by quadcopterNewb »

Hi mrsand, I have this exact same problem, I am just starting, just wondering if you've ever managed to solve it since then?

willow

Post by willow »

Hi i also have the same problem and would like to know if you have found a solution yet?

i_am_kisly

Post by i_am_kisly »

Good afternoon, I have two questions:
1) Has anyone used digital radios on the cc1101 production ti.com?
2) I flashed my MultiWii SE v2.5 firmware 2.3 (https://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list). Application.linux64 but can not connect to the board, or the board is not responding. Whether this is due to the fact that I have not connected receiver unit?

As is clear from the first issue, complete equipment for radio in our city is not, and if I had someone tell how the standard receiver, I can add native support for cc1101 or emulator will do a standard receiver.

capt

Post by capt »

willow wrote:Hi i also have the same problem and would like to know if you have found a solution yet?

Have you choose the proper board in Arduino?

In the Arduino environment what board type do I select?

Under Tools-> Board select Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16MHz) w/ ATMega328

http://forum.hobbycomponents.com/viewto ... =52&t=1637

i_am_kisly

Post by i_am_kisly »

this is my board Image
this is my config.h http://direct-links.rusfolder.net/files/41846295

what am I doing wrong? Why does the device flash, but does not respond?

capt

Post by capt »

Does not respond in the GUI? Are you using the Linux GUI? It should respond in the GUI even without a tx/rx connected.

capt

Post by capt »

I looked at your Config.H and you have a problem. The independent sensors you selected after you selected SE 2.0.
Comment out the independent sensors and use just the SE 2.0.

fatchun_mw

Post by fatchun_mw »

Hi,

I got same problem before, but just resolved by simply re-install Arduino IDE1.06, instead of Arduino IDE 1.5.x beta.
Somehow the beta version can not upload the code to Multiwii board in my case. But official version does it well. Hope this reply can help you all

fatchun_mw

saponga

Post by saponga »

Since this thread isn't thaaat old, i'll hijack it trying to get some help. I'm so dumb that i've managed to burning out either the Crius 2.5 or the FTDI adapter (or both). Everything was working well until i've got the bad idea of wiring two servos (+, - and signal) directly into the A0 and A1 pins in order to test a gimbal powering the Crius from USB port. After that, it no longer works. The Arduino IDE doesn't recognise the board (programer is not responding) while the blue led keeps flashing like crazy. Is there any way to find out what is going on ? I mean, i'd like to know at least if i have to order a new FTDI, the board itself or both. Can anyone help me on this ? Thanks !
EDIT: Similar problem http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6378. I'll ask there. Sorry for crossposting.