GUI not showing feedback from board.

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Bullitt5094

GUI not showing feedback from board.

Post by Bullitt5094 »

I had problems getting the GUI to communicate with the board, It is now communicating and showing it's set-up, stick movement, etc but it does not show any feedback from the position sensors. There is just a single line in the middle of the graph and the numbers don't change when I move the quad around. Any ideas on what to check for that? If it's of any help, this is the board on my quad http://www.xheli.com/05h100-04-controlboard.html I've made the changes in the config.h and def.h file suggested with the kit instructions This is apparently a Arduino Pro unit and came with this kit. http://www.xheli.com/05h100-quadcopter-yellow-arf.html

Any help is sincerely appreciated. I've been messing with this thing for 2 days with no success.

Noctaro

Re: GUI not showing feedback from board.

Post by Noctaro »

Hi again,
i had a look at the manual for your copter -> http://site.hobbypartz.com/manual/MWC%2 ... d%20EN.pdf

I have to say its kind of weird and very outdated.

My sugesstions for now would be:
1. Use Arduino V1.0 or above
2. Upload the eeprom_clear sketch wich is included in arduino examples. (Do this at each firmware update)
3. Open multiwii sketch.
4. Do not uncomment #define FREEIMUv035
5. Uncomment the sensors wich your board uses (ITG3200, BMA180 and BMP085)
6. Upload mutliwii sketch
7. Post a screenshot here showing GUI when copter is connected if its still not working.

Another try could be to uncomment #define FREEIMUv035 and leave sensors commented.

Hope this helps,
Greetz Noc

Btw. please do not create to much topics with similar problems.

Bullitt5094

Post by Bullitt5094 »

When I try to upload any Sketches to the board, even just the Eprom Clear sketch, I get the normal Binary Skectch Size response, then I get this response in red which I assume is an error...

avrdude:stk500_getsync () : not in sync: resp=0x00

Also, to me this seems like a different problem from my other thread where there was zero software functionality. That's why I started a new thread.

Noctaro

Post by Noctaro »

hi,
When I try to upload any Sketches to the board, even just the Eprom Clear sketch, I get the normal Binary Skectch Size response, then I get this response in red which I assume is an error...

avrdude:stk500_getsync () : not in sync: resp=0x00

This error means that your board is not communicating as it should.
Is there any status led?
Did you choose the right board in arduino under Tools->Boards? It should be "Arduni Pro or Pro Mini (5v 16mhz) /w ATMEGA238.
Further did you choose the right serial port?
Are you sure you are powering your board the right way?
Did you check your connetion to FC?
If yes, there MAY be a problem with the driver of your ftdi, or arduino bootloader is messed up.
In case its your bootloader you would have to burn a new bootloader within Arduino, wich needs another type of programmer.

I am currently facing the same problem with my one of my Minim OSDs (wich is based on the same microcontroller). -> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4408
I am not able to upload anything. Upload to my other OSD works without any problem. For now i did not find the solution. I dont have the needed programmer yet to burn new bootloader....

Also, to me this seems like a different problem from my other thread where there was zero software functionality. That's why I started a new thread.

Its ok. Just hard to keep on track with too much diffrent topics. :geek:

Greetz Noc

Bullitt5094

Post by Bullitt5094 »

Noctaro wrote:This error means that your board is not communicating as it should.
Is there any status led? (I have status LEDs but nothing to tell me what they mean.)
Did you choose the right board in arduino under Tools->Boards? It should be "Arduni Pro or Pro Mini (5v 16mhz) /w ATMEGA238. (That is the board I chose)
Further did you choose the right serial port? (Yes. Device Manage shows it as 10 and I can see the stick movement when linked through 10 in the GUI so I'm pretty sure that's correct)
Are you sure you are powering your board the right way? (Please elaborate. I am powering the whole Quad up with an 11.1V Lipo. Is that what you mean?)
Did you check your connetion to FC? (What is FC?)
If yes, there MAY be a problem with the driver of your ftdi, or arduino bootloader is messed up. (If the driver was wrong it wouldn't communicate at all, would it?)
In case its your bootloader you would have to burn a new bootloader within Arduino, wich needs another type of programmer. (If this is the case I'll just tell Xheli to send me another board. I just got it from them on Friday. Hasn't worked at all.)

Again, thanks!

Bullitt5094

Post by Bullitt5094 »

For some idiotic reason V2.0 works. At least I was able to cleanly load the file without an error. Then the 2.0 GUI will read the acclerometers and I was also able to reset everything to level using the calibration buttons. I've not tried to fly it yet but at least I'm able to talk to the stupid thing. Am I having fun yet? Please tell me. I don't want to miss it. ;-)

Bullitt5094

Post by Bullitt5094 »

I actually am having fun now! I've now streaked up the learning curve and have the Quad flying great. It is absolutely a blast. I've even purchased a 328P board from HK as an upgrade and am learning to tune it for the 2.3 modes. Just got it installed today and configured. Short test flight only, so far, since we had some high wind conditons today. Hopefully better conditions tomorrow or the cars get moved out of the garage for some indoor hovering.

Noctaro

Post by Noctaro »

Glad you made it :)

Greetz Noc