New setup help

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
giantstu

New setup help

Post by giantstu »

I am struggling setting up my quad so any advice will be appreciated.

I have a multiwii pro that i have loaded with multiwii 2.2,an orange 6 channel rx /tx and HK blue 20 amp esc's.

When i go into the GUI i get pitch and roll etc working correctly, but cannot get any motor response, it seems unable to arm and when i move the sticks i get no led flashing.

I have tried the rx connected to the esc,s +motors and it operates them ok, just nothing from the MW pro.

Am feeling like i am losing the plot with the thing :evil:

Gartenflieger

Re: New setup help

Post by Gartenflieger »

Your 'servo travel" is probably too small on the channels, YOu need to adjust it to 1000-2000 us.

giantstu

Post by giantstu »

Sorry to sound stupid, but is this done on arduino or on the tx?

Gartenflieger

Post by Gartenflieger »

On the tx, channel limits usually need to be set betwenn 125 and 150%.

johnarbo

Post by johnarbo »

I have no help but sympathy. I replaced a KK2 board with a Multiwii Pro on a quad that has been flying reasonably well. The receiver input shows on the GUI but the board will not arm with the sticks no matter where the travel is adjusted but will arm when set with aux channel one. However the motors will not run (remember they ran fine with the KK2 board). I see lots of people having problems with the motors on the Multiwii Pro. It's apparently some kind of incompatibility with the software and some models of Hobby King ESC's. I'll just replace the KK2 board and wait for some more friendly version of the Multiiwi Pro software. Good luck to all of us. P.S. I do have a Multiwii Lite board on a smaller (330 mm) quad that works quitw well.