hexa x sketch issues???

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
quadcrazy

hexa x sketch issues???

Post by quadcrazy »

I recently received my 650 mm hexacopter x kit with crius se board. I have built and successfully programmed 2 quadcopters with the same crius se boards and a tricopter but this hexa has me stumped! I must be missing something in the sketch because when I am in the multiwii 2.1 the hexa is there and I can arm the board and I have set all the endpoints and calibrated each esc individually. but when I turn on the radio, (dx6i) the board will arm with yaw and the x motors work but the left roll motor just beeps and does not work and the right roll motor doesn't beep and does not work either. if I manipulate the sticks like yaw down right a d pitch down left the 2 roll motors come on and stay on even if I disarm the board. not sure what to uncomment on the hexa section in the sketch, any ideas??

quadcrazy

Re: hexa x sketch issues???

Post by quadcrazy »

one more thing, I was thinking maybe it was a bad board so I took a crius se board out of my functioning quadcopter and put it in the hexa and it was the same thing, so it cant be the board. also I noticed on my quadcopter there is a orange and red light on the board plus the blue light when armed. on the hexa there is only an orange light on :x and blue when armed, no red light!

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

hexa X, I am a little confused by this and I'm sure its me, but Hexacopter has 6 motors, X has 4 or 8 motors. what exactly is a hexa X then? and how are you configuring this in the sketch?

kaarnaskeeper

Post by kaarnaskeeper »

torvin, in my understanding a hexa X is just a 6 motor copter that has two motors in front (left and right), two in the middle and two in the back. An hexa + would have one in front, etc. If there is the additional "flat" that just means all motors on one level, in contrast to the doubled tricopter.
Hope that helped.

About the original question, did you check for a given pwm in the multiwii GUI? If there is also a flatline, some software/configuration issues are there. If the pwm signal is send to all six motors (changes in the motor values) then my guess would be in the individual calibration of the escs. Some boards mind if you dont use the calibration method that you can enable in the config.h (http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/wiki/ESCsCalibration) because of a different activation threashold. Tell me if that helped!
-best keeper

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

good to know, thank you, would love to see one of these in action.

quadcrazy

Post by quadcrazy »

yes its 2 front motors, 2 rear motors and 1 on each side equals 6 motors all on one level. this is as per the assembled pic from the ebay seller.not sure why u cannot configure it either way?? if I enable esc calib do I leave it in arduino as I calibrate each esc individually?

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

int he sketch is a piece of code that looks like this.

//#define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY // uncomment to activate

uncomment it, (with props off) load the sketch

unplug all power to board and ESC's once sketch is loaded, power up using LI-PO (props still off, sometimes it will go full power at this point)

your ESCs should beep stating they all got the same calibration

comment out the line from earlier, reload sketch.

this wont wipe out your PIDs or other GUI settings, but now you are calibrated.

quadcrazy

Post by quadcrazy »

ok I got an answer from another forum that fixed this problem so its only fair I share it with this forum. when u create a hexa sketch you must uncomment under the hexa section aux pins ao and a1, which I did but then you must plug the left right roll motors to these ao a1 pins.i did this and the 2 motors with the issues worked perfectly and in sync with the other 4 motors. then I checked all settings in multiwii 2.1 and then tried it out. flew perfect, thanks to all for your help