LCD help

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
BeringBullet

LCD help

Post by BeringBullet »

I have this LCD and this Board still on 2.2
http://www.digole.com/index.php?productID=550
http://www.diymulticopter.com/product.php?id_product=70

I have setup the LCD on serial 1 with TX going to Data/RX
And I have tried using the I2C using the Data and clock pins

All I get in the Logo screen, so I know it is powered on.

Is there something I am missing the the config file.
I have tried
#define LCD_SERIAL3W in both
#define LCD_SERIAL_PORT 1
and
#define OLED_I2C_128x64 on I2c

Thanks
Mike Walters

Hamburger

Re: LCD help

Post by Hamburger »

I run it via i2c.
For this exists own lcd type define.

Autonym

Post by Autonym »

The best way to run this is not via serial/UART, so remove any LCD_SERIAL settings - the best way of running this device is going off the I2C bus.

Therefore, ensure your "COMM Setup Jump" solder pad is "Right Shorted" to ensure your're using I2C mode:

Also ensure you have Data(Rx/SDA/SDI) connected to SDA on your I2C, CLK(SCK/SCL) connected to SCL on your I2C, VCC connected to a clean 5v (5.1 max - do not go past this or you will have I2C errors) source, and GND connected to your ground. SS is left unconnected for I2C.

This should get you going:

Code: Select all

#define OLED_I2C_128x64 
#define LCD_TELEMETRY

Though you might want to enable

Code: Select all

#define DISPLAY_FONT_DSIZE

to enlarge the font display on this thing - the default is very tiny.

I have the Crius version of this board from RC Timer. Mine needed the 100 ohm on +5v fix to work correctly, but you're not even that far yet to know if you need it or not. Short version: if your display "snows" on you (see below), you'll need a 100 ohm resistor.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

All good info really but do not enable the oled128x64 but the digole. You have a digole display right?

BeringBullet

Post by BeringBullet »

Thanks Autonym for the info, and I agree I could not get the UART work work at all, so I took your advice and move to I2C.

Yes Hamburger it is the digole 1.3 screen and after going to 2.3 I got it working, kind-of.

so the doc's for the digole tell us the default address for I2C is 0c27, mine shipped as 0xff.
I had to change the address in the LCD.c file, (well I move the definition to the config).

so I have... in the config
#define OLED_DIGOLE
#define OLED_DIGOLE_ADDRESS 0xFF (mine, but I feel it should be move here anyway)
#define LCD_TELEMETRY
#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO "212232425262729

I get the first screen,
[MultiWii V2.30 ]
[ hex6-x ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

but nothing else, and it does not move to other screens, when I try the manual screen more I get blank screens and never see the first screen again.
Also I was hopping one of the screens would give me some type of last flight recorder, (flight time, max alt, max gps speed...) any idea if there is in the works, or a jump start on were I can look at coding it?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I suggest you read the wiki on topics
Lcd.config
Lcd.telemetry
Log.permanent

You must turn auto stepping on once with stick combo.
Or use lcd.step and first page will auto start without interaction.

BeringBullet

Post by BeringBullet »

Thanks you Hamburger, I read though the config, thanks for pointing me to the log.permanent, got just about everything working, I have one blank screen but did not have time to find it last night, also just asking what happened to screen 8?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

screen8 is destined to become the user configurable screen with freely selectable lines from the existing range of output routines