Changing default flight mode

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
unstable

Changing default flight mode

Post by unstable »

Hello,

I would like to set the default flight mode to HORIZON (instead of ARCO).
Do I really need to set an AUX channel for that? I dont want to switch between flight modes (except maybe later a GPS flight).

I a possible solution to set a channel (e.g. throttle) for all values (low,mid,high) to HORIZON/LEVEL?

Thanks in advance

tovrin

Re: Changing default flight mode

Post by tovrin »

yes, you can totally set all buttons to one flight mode, even use a aux you don't actually have. I don't recommend it, as i don't like taking off or landing in horizon mode, personally, but it will work.

unstable

Post by unstable »

Thanks for the quick answer tovrin.
Mind to explain why you dont like it? Does it make the start/landing harder or could it lead to crashes?
I just want a stable plattform for taking pictures. With the Turnigy 9X there is basically just 1 switch which you can set to an aux channel (without using complex mixing setups).

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

1. initial calibration, and trimming of your copter needs to be done in acro mode. then trim in level mode.
2. when close to ground, either landing or taking off, i find it gets wobbly.
3. i only use level mode when i absolutely need it so that i am always used to flying my bird 'manually' in case of problem, seen enough crashes where a sensor, or more commonly GPS, causes an unrecoverable error.

but this is all simply my opinion and method of doing things.