Need Help getting gps to work on Crius AIOP

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
joystix2

Need Help getting gps to work on Crius AIOP

Post by joystix2 »

I didn't get help from the other forums so I'll try here. i am trying to get my gps top work but can't seem to. here's the original thread asking for help.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... t=joystix2

scrat

Re: Need Help getting gps to work on Crius AIOP

Post by scrat »

Did you connect Tx from GPS to Rx on FC and Rx from GPS to Tx on FC? And set settings in config.h to suit your GPS?

linuxslate

Post by linuxslate »

Here's the Gotchas that seem to get a lot of people:

-- Connecting RX and TX
GPS Flight Controller
Rx <----> Tx
Tx <----> Rx

No water flow flows if you connect 2 faucets (of the same pressure) together, and if you connect 2 drains together, there's no water flow either.

-- Power
If an All-in-One Pro is powered from the receiver pins, there is no power on the serial port.
You must either remove the jumper and power it from the dedicated power pins, or get the +5 to power the GPS from some place else (like an unused PWM input pin), or directly from the UBEC, or -----

-- Device call-out in config.h
Like Scrat says. Check to make sure correct device is un-commented in config.h

-- Serial port speed
The correct serial port speed must be called out in config.h
For some devices, MultiWii automatically sets this on every boot, but depending on device, this may have to be done by connecting the GPS to a PC via an FTDI cable, and using a comm program to set it.
In any event, the correct value must be set in config.h

bikerboy

Post by bikerboy »

I am asking you here as well as I have asked on the other forum... did you try it outside?

From the pic you have posted, the GPS seems to be recognized, looking right below the artificial horizon in multiwii config the GPS is green, that means it's OK.

If you want to see more happening, you need satellites locked, and that is a problem indoors. Mine does the same thing inside, but works well enough when at the field. And if you cycle the flight modes inside, the GPS will not turn green since there is no satellites lock.

If I got it wrong and there is a different problem, post more details and you'll sure get all the help to have it working.