Horizontal horizon off after ACC calibration

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
natael

Horizontal horizon off after ACC calibration

Post by natael »

Hi,

I'm using Multiwii 2.2, arduino pro micro with wmp gyros and nunchuck Acc. It flies quite steady provided i use a lot of trim.
Indeed, using the MultiwiiConf, after i callibrate the ACC, the artificial horizon is always off by about 5 degrees of roll, 2 to 3 degrees of pitch.
My sensors are set on paris-warthox-like board (from flyduino) and using an actual level to measure horizontality on top of the board plate, they seam to be truly horizontal. Putting the level anywhere on the tricopter, it's horizontal everywhere.
Regardless, i thought the calibration was meant to correct for uneven positioning. Is there anything i can do ?
In addition, when calibration the ACC, does it also calibrate the gyros ? or do i have to do the stick combination for the latter ?

You can see on the screenshot that calibration ACC put the two directions to zero, but the artificial horizon is still off... Does it make sense to you ? Aren't the artificial horizon reading the same data as the ACC graphics ?

Thank you for you help
Attachments
MultiwiiConf showing inconsistency between ACC graphs and artificial horizon
MultiwiiConf showing inconsistency between ACC graphs and artificial horizon

tovrin

Re: Horizontal horizon off after ACC calibration

Post by tovrin »

the gyro gets calibrated when you initially turn on the FC. ACC gets calibrating via stick input or gui input. make sure your copter is perfectly level when turning it on.

natael

Post by natael »

ok, that's what i had understood, and it is always level when i turn it on. So, my questions remains. Any idea what's causing this inconsistency ?

natael

Post by natael »

Another question, i'm a bit confused with gyros and ACC. Is the artificial horizon reading from gyros or from ACC ??? They're both attached next to each other so not sure which one i should check for orientation, and auto-level needs ACC, hence the question.