Board won't ARM!

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Ghiamonster

Board won't ARM!

Post by Ghiamonster »

I've been using the HK KK and KK2 boards (successfully) for awhile and recently acquired a MultiWii
because it looks much more powerful and I want to start getting into coding and customizing that I can't do with the KK boards.

Board is from HK - Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0

I downloaded the Arduino IDE, MultiWii GUI and the 2.2 version FW. Flashed the board with the "Blink"
example, LED 13 blinks like it's supposed to. Then flashed the FW. When board is reset, takes a couple seconds to do what looks like
initialize then goes into a state where there are 2 LEDs steady and the A and C LEDs blink at about twice/second. Picture below shows the steady
LEDs, couldn't get the timing right one the blinkers so they look dark here.

Now I hook the Rx up to the board - no ESCs yet - and power up from the USB cable, bring up the GUI and go to the Real Time tab.
Turn on Tx and I can watch all the stick movements so everything's hooked up correctly from the radio standpoint....

BUT....

I can't for the life of me ARM this thing. Pull throttle/yaw (which is what config.h is set for) down and right, nothing.
In fact, moving to all 4 "corners" will not arm the board.

config.h parms:

#define QUADX
#define MINTHROTTLE 1150 // (*)
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1850
#define HK_MultiWii_SE_V2
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW

The display on the GIU IS indicating 1080 for the low and just over 1900 for high values on Yaw.
Do I have the wrong board selected? Should I try back-leveling the FW...maybe to 2.1 or even 2.0?

BTW, the quad this will go into already has a working KK board...I was HOPONG the MultiWii would more
or less drop in...apparently I'm a noob or something. :?

Thanks!
Mike

subaru4wd

Re: Board won't ARM!

Post by subaru4wd »

Make sure you perform a ACC calibration and a MAG calibration or the board wont arm.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

I guess your i2c errors is ticking really fast....
This isn't a HK_MultiWii_SE_V2 board.
#define CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1 will work better.

Ghiamonster

Post by Ghiamonster »

Thank you both! Changed the board to Crius reloaded, no flashing lights (I'm guessing that's a GOOD thing).
Fired up the GUI and did the ACC and MAG calibrates. Darn thing arms now!

Now I'll replace the KK board and continue on.

Thanks again!
Mike

Pat1300

Post by Pat1300 »

If you are using Multiwii 2.2, be sure to also use MultiwiiConf suitable for 2.2, not 2.1 !
I got exactly the same issue because use I used MultiwiiConf 2.1 that send some unitialized values to the board interpreted by FW Multiwii 2.2.
In fact, after using the debugging values, I found that the board was correctly "armed", but motors don't run, because some variables for ( if I remember) min_throttle contained garbage values after saving configuration to the board.
Patrick