How to read stick configuration?

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
CSchulz

How to read stick configuration?

Post by CSchulz »

Hello,

I was trying my copter and had some problems with the stick configuration, for example to arm the motors.
I used the document http://multiwii.googlecode.com/svn/bran ... 215664.pdf.
My first "problem" was the mode. How can I determine the mode? Is it the mode of the RC or what kind of mode?
Second problem, how to read the stick configuration? Is it a sequence containing four steps or both sides of the RC?

Finally I found out that the stick configuration isn't applicable for me. I don't know why not.
The config.h contains #define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW.
I just have to move the yaw (left side) to the right bottom corner and the copter is armed.
Disarming is done by moving the stick to the left bottom corner.

Thanks for any hints.

iWolf51

Re: How to read stick configuration?

Post by iWolf51 »

The "mode" you're asking about is your RC transmitter mode which will be mode 1 or mode 2.
Mode 1 has the throttle on the right stick, Mode 2 has the throttle on the left stick.
Just use the diagram that matches your transmitter mode.

You can then see that you're able to do various calibration changes by following the instructions and moving the sticks in the directions shown.
That includes arming and disarming the motors with the throttle/yaw stick which is standard configuration, as you've already found.

CSchulz

Post by CSchulz »

Hello,

thanks for your answer. Okay I have a mode 2 transmitter.
But why differs my arming sequence from the described one?

iWolf51

Post by iWolf51 »

The mode 2 diagram shows 2 stick combinations for arm/disarm motors and they are pictured side by side which may be confusing you?

The "standard" way to arm/disarm motors is with the throttle low + full yaw right (arm) or full yaw left (disarm). This is pictured on the right of the written function.
The other combination uses throttle low + roll (aileron) left/right. I've never tried to see how this works. This is pictured on the left of the written function.

CSchulz

Post by CSchulz »

Thanks for your explaination. I understood it now. :)
I didn't recognize that the side is depending on the configuration of MW.