FlightMode with 4 Channel TX

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
kopinke

Post by kopinke »

Hi,

I'm waiting for a new TX and in the meantime I'm using a low budget 4 ch controller (EFlite).
In the GUI I did not change anything, Version is 2.2 - X Quad, 800g, 3S, 4xRobbe 2827-34, Props 10x45, Drotek 10DOG IMU Sensor
Which flightmode is active and is it possibel to change with only four channel by selecting /enabling in the gui?

I've calibrated Accelerometer & Mag and in the GUI the sensors working great.
After lift up one or two meters the copter drifts in some direction and I can't stabilize in time - now after 5-6 tries one propeller is broken.
The drift begin slow and after 2-3 m from starting point it drifts faster and reaches the ground (not horizontal^^).

Thanx in advance
kopinke

haydent

Re: FlightMode with 4 Channel TX

Post by haydent »

ok, so firstly you wont be able to switch flight modes live with only 4 channels, but you can preset a chosen one in the gui during setup.

i assume by the sounds of your troubles you want auto leveling with the earth which utilizes your accelerometer sensors, so either flight modes angle or horizon.

i use horizon & aux3 in this example, so just check all the boxes in an unused AUX channel 'column' in the gui for that option, (in this case 'Horizon') and it will be enabled always:

Capture.JPG

kopinke

Post by kopinke »

Thanks a lot - that's what I wanted to hear!^^
I hope that next week my props will arrive.

Bye, bye
kopinke

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

If you are handy with modifying the program, you can use stick combinations to switch flight modes, but has to be switched while not armed.

Use the acc trims stick combinations to reduce or eliminate drift.

kopinke

Post by kopinke »

I've learned two things:
-My lowcost receiver won't reproduce the midpoint (@1500) of the channels eg. roll stick position from left to middle 1492 and from right to middle 1506 in the multiwii GUI (->Drift).
-The propellers 1045 were too big for 800g tow (lift up at 40% throttle), this week I tested 8x45 EPP and it feels much better, the height is now better controlable - no jumping around.

At the moment I feel very pleased with the new setup...
Thanx to all!

Best regards,
kopinke