Help With 4S VBAT setup

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
brettwal

Help With 4S VBAT setup

Post by brettwal »

I've read the wiki and as many post as I could locate and I can't quite wrap my head around the vbat setup. I understand the voltage divider principle and can get scale values through trial and error. I will be using this on a 4S tricopter with a mega board. I would like to use copterrichie's improved circuit with the resistors, Zener diode and the cap. Can someone recommend values for the Zener diode and the resistors in the circuit? And explain how you arrived T them?

Thanks

brettwal

Re: Help With 4S VBAT setup

Post by brettwal »

Anybody?

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

I would suggest the purchase of a Zener Diode kit list the following: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2V-39V-300pcs-3 ... 1c29f181a0

For a 4S system, I would use either the 12 or 13 Volt Zener and the circuit listed here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2661&start=20

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

copterrichie wrote:I would suggest the purchase of a Zener Diode kit list the following: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2V-39V-300pcs-3 ... 1c29f181a0

For a 4S system, I would use either the 12 or 13 Volt Zener and the circuit listed here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2661&start=20

Thank you for the reply. I will order the kit and begin experimenting. I have multiple zeners now from an older project. Is there a particular number associated with the 12V, 13V?

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

I really do not know. you will have to test to see where the breakdown voltage resides.