multiwii 2.2 elevator and aileron flip

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
hpcre

multiwii 2.2 elevator and aileron flip

Post by hpcre »

Hi all,
I have a strange problem ln my new quad. I have got it running well in acro mode with trims. When i switch to angle mode, the ele and ail channels get switched and reversed! How is that and why?

Also. Why are the trims i made in acro mode are not useful anymore in angle mode?

Thanks

Hamburger

Re: multiwii 2.2 elevator and aileron flip

Post by Hamburger »

check sensors orientation

hpcre

Post by hpcre »

But the sensors work well in acro mode. Changing modes also changes sensor orientation?
This happened while I was trying to do the in-flight calibration thing.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

acro only uses gyro. angle uses gyro+acc. Maybe acc needs initial calibration? Some of my cheap HK boards forget acc calibration sometimes and require new calib after powerup. gyro gets calibrated upon powerup automatically, so I would see the effect of board's Altzheimer only in angle/horizon mode.

I have experienced crashes with inflight-calib in the past - maybe the code is non-functional atm?

Peter

Post by Peter »

And check on your transmitter that the switch does not something else too. Do you have a channel monitor on your transmitter to check it?
You should not trim your quad in acro by the way. If that is needed the center of gravity is not in the right place or the speed controllers need calibration.

hpcre

Post by hpcre »

How come? I 've read before that I should trim the quad in acro mode before attempting to move on to acc.
I'm sure the switch does not do anything else.
I did acc calib in the gui, but maybe it really does forget.
However I do monitor stick input and sensor output on my phone using bluetooth and dont see any out of line behaviour.

Someone suggested that the head free mode may have been the reason for the mix up in orientation. I'll check that and report back.

Thanks to all

hpcre

Post by hpcre »

yes I can confirm it was the headfree setting messing things up.

I trimmed it now in Angle mode and it flies much better.
one question though.. i have observed that when decending the quad tends to yaw left, why would that be ?

Peter

Post by Peter »

Because if you trim in acro, it will see input in level. Then you are trying to correct that with acc trim, in horizon it could even be more strange.
So, it is ok if you only use acro.
If your copter is not in balance, it will always need to correct that different in 2 directions. That gives problems with tuning.
It also gives problems with auto modes such as gps hold.

hpcre

Post by hpcre »

thanks for all the help.