Y6 X8 Mixer table: how to add 10% RPM

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Quad FRITZ

Y6 X8 Mixer table: how to add 10% RPM

Post by Quad FRITZ »

Hello-

I would love to have the lower prop level in an y6 or x8 configuration rotating faster (about 10%) to get a better efficiency.
I already had a look at the mixing table (MW 2.2). It makes sense to me but I am not absolutely sure how to add the needed 10% code wise. :shock:
Would be great if somebody could help me here.

Btw.: anybody having experience here- I.e. bigger Props upper or lower level, different RPM, different Prop types (e.g. E- Props and APC)?

Thanks a lot
Roman

Alexinparis

Re: Y6 X8 Mixer table: how to add 10% RPM

Post by Alexinparis »

Quad FRITZ wrote:Hello-

I would love to have the lower prop level in an y6 or x8 configuration rotating faster (about 10%) to get a better efficiency.
I already had a look at the mixing table (MW 2.2). It makes sense to me but I am not absolutely sure how to add the needed 10% code wise. :shock:
Would be great if somebody could help me here.

Btw.: anybody having experience here- I.e. bigger Props upper or lower level, different RPM, different Prop types (e.g. E- Props and APC)?

Thanks a lot
Roman

you can try this simple mod for Y6 for instance:
motor[0] = PIDMIX(+0,+4/3,+1); //REAR
motor[1] = PIDMIX(-1,-2/3,-1); //RIGHT
motor[2] = PIDMIX(+1,-2/3,-1); //LEFT
motor[3] = 1.1*PIDMIX(+0,+4/3,-1); //UNDER_REAR
motor[4] = 1.1*PIDMIX(-1,-2/3,+1); //UNDER_RIGHT
motor[5] = 1.1*PIDMIX(+1,-2/3,+1); //UNDER_LEFT
not the cleanest or accurate way, but it should give some results if you want to test

Hamburger

Re: Y6 X8 Mixer table: how to add 10% RPM

Post by Hamburger »

And you can use MY.PRIVATE.MIXING feature to avoid rewriting output.ino for each new version.
Documentation is in the wiki