Erratic behavior and freeze

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
elguig

Erratic behavior and freeze

Post by elguig »

Hello there,
I would like to report and try to understand why my Arduino WMP&NK has a such erratic behavior.
Here are the fact, my set up is an Arduino mini pro 5V 16MHz connected with an original WMP and original NK. I didn't change that much the multiwii1.7 code, just for defining Quad type and changing INTERLEAVING_DELAY.
The electrical connections between the components are good since I manage to run the GUI and visualize the measurement from acceleros and gyros as it can be see below.
But it seems after a while to freeze and then stops running well, even after restarting it or even after re-uploading a freshly new multiwii code.
When I restarted it, sometime :
-it doesn't respond to the GUI,
-it respond to the GUI but no measurement are available and has a cycle time which change from negative values to very high values. As shown below.
Image Image
-it respond to the GUI but no measurement are available and freeze after a while.
And then after a night of good sleep, it sometimes get back to normal.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there an explanation?
Greetings from France.

elguig

Re: Erratic behavior and freeze

Post by elguig »

It driving me crazy.
Any idea anybody? Cause it happens every day I can play for 8-10min and then it freeze; green LED (D13) blink erratically, no Rx on FTDI LED and thus no displaying on GUI.
I'm afraid of flying some thing which can freeze up in the air.
Should I unsolder and solder the WMP and NK? may it comes from the Arduino board?

maxic31

Re: Erratic behavior and freeze

Post by maxic31 »

Hello!
Blink LED indicate I2C init problem.

May you can just wire WMP for the beginning!
Could you check with an oscilloscope SDA and SCL signals ?