Crius MWC MultiWii Standard V2.0 SE [Help]

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
bazb_85

Crius MWC MultiWii Standard V2.0 SE [Help]

Post by bazb_85 »

HI, I have a Crius MWC MultiWii Standard V2.0 SE with firmware 2.1

The other week I was having problems with getting a CP2102 usb programmer to work.

Finally got a FTDI Basic which seems to connect great in the GUI. Well I say great... just better.

Ive been able to set up my Tx Vs the motors okay, but the live view data is not showing..

I can write the settings read them, see the motors react on screen, but not getting any accelerometer data or mag data. I do seem to see the ALT data though.

When I try ACC or MAG calibration I see a blue line dip down to zero, then rise back up. I see no other lines, nor does moving make any lines appear.

I tried to set up the Level and Alt modes, but the quadcopter doesnt seem to respond to been tilted or lifted... ?

Any Ideas? Why would live data not show?

bazb_85

Re: Crius MWC MultiWii Standard V2.0 SE [Help]

Post by bazb_85 »

Tried re-updating frame works and other suggested installs,

tried manually defining the sensors instead of selecting Crius SE.. still nothing :cry:

Re looked over the set up info (several sources), Is the PARIS one good for this?. Really don't know why these sensors wont come to life... Is there a epic legend out there that can solve this mystery?

sixshooterstang

Post by sixshooterstang »

mine does the same thing and so far ive gotten no good answers

dklein

Post by dklein »

I just ran into this as well and it had me going for a good hour. Then looking at my old board, I realized the V2 board has different sensors.
ITG3205 three-axis digital gyroscope and BMA180 triaxial accelerometer are replaced with MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit

You can define sensors individually or define a new board (I chose this way)
You want to define the new crius v2 in config.h and def.h
I copied and modified the sensor list on the CRIUS_SE definition and everything else remains correct

config.h - added this line below the CRIUS_SE line
--------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

#define CRIUS_SE_V2       // Crius MultiWii SE V2

def.h - added this line below the CRIUS_SE definition
--------------------------------------------------------------

#if defined(CRIUS_SE_V2)
  #define MPU6050
  #define HMC5883
  #define BMP085
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  = -X; accADC[PITCH]  = -Y; accADC[YAW]  =  Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] =  Y; gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  =  X; magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; magADC[YAW]  = -Z;}
#endif

rajazo

Post by rajazo »

hey guys I had the same problem and the reason found by dklein are ok, but the lines posted by him didn´t work for me ... some error that my mind never understand...
but I found the solution!!!:
I work with the last multiwii definition 2.2, and last library version 2013 https://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/detail?name=MultiWii_dev_2013_04_08_r1391.zip&can=2&q=...
run Arduino (1.05), open example, then multiwii. card type Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328:

STEP1
on config.h , section /*************************** Combined IMU Boards ********************************/ add a new type after CRIUS_SE named CRIUS_SE_v2 like this:

#define CRIUS_SE_v2     // Crius MultiWii SE v2

STEP2
then go to def.h, find the CRIUS_SE definition (in the middle of the list of lines), copy and paste from #it.... to... #endif after it and change, ITG3200 by MPU6050, and delete the BMA180 line.. it looks like this (well you can copy and paste this to your arduino commaand screen)

#if defined(CRIUS_SE_v2)
  #define MPU6050
  #define HMC5883
  #define BMP085
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {imu.accADC[ROLL]  = -X; imu.accADC[PITCH]  = -Y; imu.accADC[YAW]  =  Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.gyroADC[ROLL] =  Y; imu.gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; imu.gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {imu.magADC[ROLL]  =  X; imu.magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; imu.magADC[YAW]  = -Z;}
#endif

STEP3
save the file on your sketchbook library (mine is C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Arduino, on win7), and upload to your card.

now my card works fine!
you can avoid the step 1, and just modify the CRIUS_SE definition, but I prefer keep the older definition.

I post my sketch file if you want to avoid the dirty job.

I hope its work
Attachments
crius_SE_v2.zip
(138.23 KiB) Downloaded 686 times

ramdg

Post by ramdg »

I've just received my CRIUS SE V2.5 (http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=761&productname=) and I have some difficulties with it.
First of all, I couldn't find anywhere the connection diagram of the connectors. My second problem is defining the board in the Ardoino IDE. What board type should I select? When I selected the Arduino Duemilanove ATmega328 I got: avrdude:stk500_getsync() : not in sync : resp=0x00 .
I assume crius_SE_v2.zip is fine for v2.5 as well

I'll appreciate any support.

Georges41

Post by Georges41 »

Hi All,
Please help me to configure my CRIUS SE board in order to have the possibility to change manually the reference position of the camera gimbal by adjusting the 7-th channel in my SPEKTRUM TX. I would like to use D5 or D6 pin.
Into the config.h file I must choose

#define SERVO_MIX_TILT
#define TILT_PITCH_AUX_CH AUX3 //AUX channel to overwrite CAM pitch (AUX1-AUX4), comment to disable manual input and free the AUX channel

Where must I change the attribution of the AUX3 for the D5 or D6 channel?

Yours,
Georges

spawny

Post by spawny »

ramdg wrote:I've just received my CRIUS SE V2.5 (http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=761&productname=) and I have some difficulties with it.
First of all, I couldn't find anywhere the connection diagram of the connectors. My second problem is defining the board in the Ardoino IDE. What board type should I select? When I selected the Arduino Duemilanove ATmega328 I got: avrdude:stk500_getsync() : not in sync : resp=0x00 .
I assume crius_SE_v2.zip is fine for v2.5 as well

I'll appreciate any support.

try to disconnect the bluetooth dongle from crius board. I had same problem!

Is it possible to configure the board that the bluetooth dongle uses internal another serial port? Is it possible to have the bluetooth dongle connected to the ftdi port and at the same time have the board connected to eg. Wultiwiiconf by usb?

cofl1001

Post by cofl1001 »

Hi all
Have same board from rctimer(Mwii v 2.5 standard) and even tough I seem to get the "OK" at the end of eeprom clearing and mwii 2.3 uploading, I cannot connect to my board in the MWII GUI...I have a crius AIOPv2 using same version of mwii and same gui and it works fine(usb connection)...
I appreciate any ideas... :idea: