baro

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
captaingeek

baro

Post by captaingeek »

anyone know how the baro works? how to set it up and configure it?? :oops:

ohh and first post btw! :geek:

:D

spagoziak

Re: baro

Post by spagoziak »

I'm wondering the same thing. I've got Jussi's board, a bma180, an orig wmp, and this bmp020. Not sure how to dial them all together with jussi's board. I found the wiring diagram for 1.5 on berkeley's blog, but not sure how to integrate into jussi's.

nenno

Post by nenno »

hi there...

Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
If using ONLY WMP and NK without external pullups you can enable the internal pullups! (By removing the double slashes - eg:"uncommenting" them)
With WMP/BMA020 I powered WMP from D12 via diode, and powered BMA020 from 3.3V. I used the external pullups and disabled the internal ones.
With all other sensors (ITG3200, ADXL345, BMA180, HMC5843/83, BMP085) you need to disable the internal pullups and use external ones! Otherwise the SDA/SCL lines will be driven to 5V which can lead to long-term damage of your sensors!
I do suspect your problem is not the pullups but rather a bad NK....
You can try powering both NK and WMP from the 3.3V pad, maybe that will help. In that case you should disable the internal pullups and use external ones!

I think u have to disable the "internal pullups" in the sketch. otherwise you have 5V on the I2C. then u have to use the extarnal pullups (R1,R2)...
then connect your BMP085
Vcc to 3,3V
SDA to SDA
SCL to SCL
GND to GND

But I'am not shure!!! Thats how i understand it... Can someone confirm...

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

I agree, Jussi commented on that here this morning:

It is not the presence of the External pullups that eliminate the the need for LLC.

The logic level of Arduino is tied to the internal pullups. So disabling them means you can use 3.3V sensors without a LLC! (But they still need 3.3V power source)

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

For the moment, the baro implementation is very simple and might not work very well (huge altitude variation).

It acts as a virtual celling at the altitude where it is activated. => once activated, you can go full throttle and the multi would be able to go only few meters higher but no more.
I think I will have to take into account the Z accelerometer for more accuracy.

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

Hi Alex, yep it definately works as a ceiling. My pig heavy tri has trouble recovering once it comes back down. but it does work. :)

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Hey Alex, I don't intend to sound like I'm impatient or pushy--Just wondering approximately when you plan to implement the 3 way switch configurability into the code so wmp--acc--baro can be toggled in layers instead of all at once?