WinGUI & Windows2000???

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
subaru4wd

WinGUI & Windows2000???

Post by subaru4wd »

I have an old laptop I can feel comfortable hauling to the field for testing. Its a P2 366mhz with 128mb of ram. Its no gamer, but I was hoping it would be enough to run the WinGUI.

Im having a hell of a time trying to get it to work. I am running into .DLL errors. When I try to install the Visual C++ and .net frameworks, none of them would install.

Is anyone successfully running a GUI in Windows 2000? My other thought was to install a Linux Distro... but I would rather get my quad flying than trying to figure out if I can get my 3DR Telemetry to work in linux. :geek:

Mystic3D

WinGUI & Windows2000???

Post by Mystic3D »

Dude, it belongs in the trash.
None of the current device drivers work on W2000.

subaru4wd

Re: WinGUI & Windows2000???

Post by subaru4wd »

I had no problem with the 3Dr installing.

Do they work in Linux?

EOSBandi

WinGUI & Windows2000???

Post by EOSBandi »

subaru4wd wrote:I have an old laptop I can feel comfortable hauling to the field for testing. Its a P2 366mhz with 128mb of ram. Its no gamer, but I was hoping it would be enough to run the WinGUI.

Im having a hell of a time trying to get it to work. I am running into .DLL errors. When I try to install the Visual C++ and .net frameworks, none of them would install.

Is anyone successfully running a GUI in Windows 2000? My other thought was to install a Linux Distro... but I would rather get my quad flying than trying to figure out if I can get my 3DR Telemetry to work in linux. :geek:

forget it, win2k does not run .net framework.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

how about WinXP?

Or any tips on using Linux to run the WinGUI?? I would much rather take this thing out to the field than my $1200 i7

EOSBandi

WinGUI & Windows2000???

Post by EOSBandi »

xp is fine.
winGUI is for windows, for Linux use MultiWiiConf.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

Thanks for the reply.

So that was a huge waste of time. After probably 8+ hours I have installed WinXP & all the required .net bullcrap required. And this PC is just toooooo slow to run any of this. That sucks cause with Win2K this laptop is a screamer. But with WinXP it just crawls.

I did get MWGui to load & my 3DR telemetry to connect. But 366mhz is just not quick enough.

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

I have a small notebook MSI U210 1.6GHz AMD Athlon Neo Processor NV-40 2GB running xp.
its too slow for wingui, but wingui has all the feautures I want, and my other LT is 17" so too big for a groundstation.
kinda stuck atm.
Cant find a Linuix solution that includes video.....

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

Wow... 1.6ghz and cant run WinGUI??

I would try Windows7 if you have 2gb of RAM. I run Win7 on an old P4 1.2ghz with 2gb of ram and it runs quicker than XP ever did.

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

I tried both, win 7 ended up being a little slower.

juanquy

Post by juanquy »

Actually WinGUI is running over Ubuntu (Linux)
Here is a image of WinGUI running over Ubuntu 12.04 AND PowerPC970 Arch!!!
EOSBandi I have some questions about the source code, the one I have here is version2.0 I know the 2.1 is running already, its a way I can have it?
I'm using MonoDevelop so far I just replace some lines in MWGUIControlsResources.resx and change the Target Framework to Mono/.Net4 and I got it running but I the GUI look horrible like you can see it in the posted image, I can PM you? or its a better way that I can ask you qt about the sorce code?
jc

EOSBandi wrote:xp is fine.
winGUI is for windows, for Linux use MultiWiiConf.
Attachments
Screenshot4.jpg