Newbie trying to get started, did I get a bad board?

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
mbspencer

Newbie trying to get started, did I get a bad board?

Post by mbspencer »

Hey All,

I am a newbie to the Quadcopters but have flown planes for a while. Decided to go with a Mini Fly 210mm ARF unit with the MultiWii board. I think I may have gotten a bad board. I am trying to set it up but just not having any luck. I plugged the USB cable into my computer and the controller. Loaded the driver and started up the app. MultiWii 2.1 32 bit. I checked my comm port and connected it. Hit start and nothing. I can move the QuadCopter and nothing changes. I don't see the graph change like I see on all the Youtube Videos.
So, do I have a bad board or am I doing something really stupid.

Thanks for the help
Mark

Lapino

AW: Newbie trying to get started, did I get a bad board?

Post by Lapino »

Did you upload multiwii to it? And if so check the version of the GUI so that its the same as the uploaded sketch ;)

mbspencer

Re: Newbie trying to get started, did I get a bad board?

Post by mbspencer »

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried loading multiwii on it yet. It was supposed to come preloaded with a basic config. Copter was supposed to fly out of the box. I guess I could try to reload though. Arduino is a little intimidating. How can I tell which type of board I have? Not a lot of markings on it as far as model #.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

It's hard to know what board it is.
You can test to use gui from the different releases.
Ex 1.8,1.9,2.0,2.1 or the dev gui.

mbspencer

Post by mbspencer »

Thanks so the suggestion. I downloaded all the versions and just started going though them. Turns out that 2.0 reads it just fine. I guess I will start the config from here.
Again, thanks for the help