Initialisation problem with 328P controller

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
alphapilot380

Post by alphapilot380 »

Hello All,

I have a strange problem with a MultiWii 328P controller which I purchased from hobbyking(MultiWii 2.1 loaded). Every time I connect the battery to the ESCs, the controller seems unable to initialize. Sometimes I get no blue led at all, sometimes only very short after which I cannot arm the board. Most of the time I have to disconnect the battery about 3 times before the board correctly initializes and I'm able to arm. Once I can arm the board everything works just fine, flying as well. I tried messing around with the mincommand, minthrottle and maxthrottle parameters but that seems not to work at all. Does somebody have any idea what could cause this strange behavior?
I'm about to try MultiWii 2.0 to see if that works better.
Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin.

doughboy

Re: Initialisation problem with 328P controller

Post by doughboy »

if the firmware is bad, it will be bad regardless of how many times you reconnect the battery.
look for cold solder, particularly if you are using bullet connectors for esc.

alphapilot380

Re: Initialisation problem with 328P controller

Post by alphapilot380 »

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure that my soldered connections are OK as I do not have any problems other than the initialization of the board. I tried now a separate 1 cell lipo battery to power the controller and receiver and only use the main battery to power the ESCs/Motors. So far I had no bad inits anymore...
Could it be that on connecting the main battery to the ESC(which powered the board as well) there is kind of a spike in the voltage of the BEC which "disturbs" the initialization process?

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

That's how mine is connected, BEC is powering my FC board.