Crius AIO Pro v1.1

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
dale.e

Crius AIO Pro v1.1

Post by dale.e »

Hi all, I have a brand new AIO Pro from RC-Timer I just opend, and I cant get Arduino 1.0.1 to upload a sketch to it.

This is raw, on the bench at the moment, the only thing connected is the USB cable.

The MW sketch verifys ok, but then it just hangs at the 'uploading' section and the blue rx light flashed once every 10 sec or so.

Do I have a bum board or does it need to have power connected or something else I am missing?

Tried two PC's and two usb cables.

help :?: :cry:

dale.e

Re: Crius AIO Pro v1.1

Post by dale.e »

looks like it is a bad FC.

I got it to work, it is a boot failure of the CPU. If I press the reset button a few times it boots up, then it works ok untill power is off.
Then I have to bugger around with the reset again for a while.

Sux, now I have to ship it back likley.

wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

try powering it with an ESC / 5V source.....

the 5V from the USB power alone often is not sufficient to power a MWC board

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

@wildo1967
I will give that a go when I get home tonight. I have a BEC I can solder a batt connector to pretty quick.
Neone know how long these things usually take to boot up?

also how much power do they consume? hard to belive it would be more than half an amp that a modern USB port can put out.
That said, I hope your right :) this close to Chrismass I wont see a replacement till Feb......

albertoLG

Post by albertoLG »

In the arduino tool, select from 'tools'->'board'->'Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK', maybe you haven't selected the right CPU

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

@albertoLG
I had, and I downloaded the newest Arduino 1.0.3 as well.

@wildo1967
you got me on the right track, and to a partial soulution. I soldered on the pins for the external power supply, pulled the ESC power jumper and booted it from a 3a/5v BEC and it booted every time.
But I still could not load a sketch, every time I pluged the USB the FC CPU locked up, I had to press reset to get it back then when ever the com port got opened for whater reason, the FC CPU would lock up again!
I had to find a way around the USB port, so I rigged up the FTDI USB board from my old HK MWFC SE.
I was able to upload a sketch this way and make it work.

now the question is do I risk my FPV quad high up in the sky with a FC that I know has issues.

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

well I got the quad all built and tested, flew nice and all, really nice for about half a pack. Then I got it in the air about 8-10m and something went completely screwey.
it suddenly started ocilateing from side to side did that about 4 times wildly increaseing the total angle till it was inverted and then powered itself into the ground! I was set to auto level and just flying nice and easy in a straight line. no stick input it was just floating along and just decided to plow itself into the pavement.

I should have known better than to fly with a questionable FC.....

Is it just me or does RC Timer answer all emails with some variation of "we will look into that and get back to you" and then never ever do anything......

bobbyperu

Crius AIO Pro v1.1

Post by bobbyperu »

Sorry to hear that. Mine has served me well and been 100% reliable.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

taken hw problems aside, from your description could have been too high PID values. Especially when going from inside to outdoors and catching some wind.

With the cheap suppliers you enter a lottery. You get what you pay for.

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

well its all rebuilt for try number two, I have not started PID adjusting yet, left them at the default settings so far.
@hamburger
well I was outside for all the flight b4 the crash, close to 10 min of air time with no failure, not saying your wrong, could be I just did not get a gust that lifted it in a way that could cause the wild overcompensaition. I will go get the quad and post my PID settings in a few min.

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

see anything out of place?

albertoLG

Post by albertoLG »

dale.e wrote:well its all rebuilt for try number two, I have not started PID adjusting yet, left them at the default settings so far.
@hamburger
well I was outside for all the flight b4 the crash, close to 10 min of air time with no failure, not saying your wrong, could be I just did not get a gust that lifted it in a way that could cause the wild overcompensaition. I will go get the quad and post my PID settings in a few min.

well, I found default level PIDs too aggressive for my quad+crius, try to lower the D and the P (I use D=50 and P=5)

I think you don't need ANGLE and HORIZON enabled together

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

I forgot to add (and I should since it is regarding the overall topic) that I can now flash up new scetch with no problems.
after the crash I took the MWC out and examined it inder a low power kids microscope, found poor solder in several areas around the USB port, corrected and now it seems to do what it is supposed to do.
I am now PID concerned as this is resolved.

dale.e

Post by dale.e »

albertoLG wrote:
dale.e wrote:well its all rebuilt for try number two, I have not started PID adjusting yet, left them at the default settings so far.
@hamburger

well, I found default level PIDs too aggressive for my quad+crius, try to lower the D and the P (I use D=50 and P=5)

I think you don't need ANGLE and HORIZON enabled together

I still have not found a difinitive description of all the settings and what should or should not be enabled together.
I cant figure out the diff from angle and horizon.
I dont know what should be enabled or disabled to 'loiter' or 'gps hold'
and it gets more confuseing with the changes in some of the terminology with 2.11 and higher.
I flashed in 2.13 just today.
took it for a small flight, and noted 'wiggle' so some PID deffinetly needs adjusting.
now to learn all that....