Connect 10DOF board to arduino pro mini

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
sparsons

Connect 10DOF board to arduino pro mini

Post by sparsons »

Hi there,

(Please be patient with me, I’m still very new to all this!)

I bought the following board off ebay:

10DOF L3G4200D+ADXL345+HMC5883L+BMP085 sensor for arduino

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230832386536?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

but I’m having trouble wiring it to the Arduino Pro Mini (328 - 5V/16MHz).

At the moment I’ve connected them together as follows:

SCL -> A5 (the right-hand hole located just above A3 and VCC)
SDA -> A4 (the left-hand hole located just above A2 and A3)
GND -> GND

I haven’t connected anything else yet as, even after searching around in forums, I haven’t been able to find out how.

I’ve adjusted the code to suit the sensors on the 10dof board, but I can only get the multiwii configurator (1.9) to do one of two things:

1) Detect only the z axis on the accelerometer
or
2) Everything suddenly jumps into life, the whole graph goes haywire and the image of the quadcopter starts spinning and somersaulting out of control.

I suspect there are several problems in my approach, but I have a strong feeling that a big part of it is the wiring.

If you guys have any suggestions I’d be most grateful.

Thanks,

Sam
Attachments
Bottom face
Bottom face
Top face
Top face

sparsons

Re: Connect 10DOF board to arduino pro mini

Post by sparsons »

Think I've corrected it now.

Connected

5V -> pin 12 on arduino

Things are looking better now on the multiwii configurator.

BUT still get a reading of 256 for the accelerometer z plane, and accelerometer roll and pitch are still displayed as 0.

Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam
Attachments
multiwii configurator. Problem: reading of 256 for the accelerometer z plane, and accelerometer roll and pitch are still displayed as 0.
multiwii configurator. Problem: reading of 256 for the accelerometer z plane, and accelerometer roll and pitch are still displayed as 0.

bill516

Post by bill516 »

I can tell you two things from what you have posted. 1 you have it correctly fitted and working . 2 you didnt read the FAQ's properly, there is a bit on the FAQ's that tells you the acc z reads about 250 when calibrated the others should read about zero.

Looking on the bright side you sorted out your own problem, lots of people have needed much help to get them to the stage you are at, so well done

sparsons

Post by sparsons »

Thanks a lot Bill!!! And sorry about asking about something that's already been posted. I did have a look around but I obviously overlooked it.

I also greatly appreciate you telling me it's all fitted and working correctly as, even though I suspected it was (seeing the values change when I tilted the board etc), I didn't have the confidence to categorically say "yes, that's all up and running as it should be".

You've been a great help. Thanks again!!