Flip on take off

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
meldredge88

Flip on take off

Post by meldredge88 »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here as well as my first multiwii copter. I'm sorry if this has been covered before but i can't seem to find my answer in the search.

I have a x525 frame customized with wood booms (aluminium ones are bent to hell) and it flew decent with a kk2.0 board. now I have finally got my Crius SE V1 with gps and bluetooth. i've calibrated the esc's (individuall) and have checked the setting is the config.h file and flashed Multiwii 2.1 to the board. I can connect to it both through bluetooth or FTDI usb connector and see all of the gyros and acc seem to be ok and reacting properly but when i arm it, the front motors spin at a decent rpm and the rear ones not at all. and when you apply throttle the rear left prop will spin a little and the rear right none at all until it finally goes nuts and just flips all over (breaking itself :( ) it would seem to be a calibration issue with the esc's but i've already done that...twice. any ideas?

also wanted to add that I am using a DX6i controller with spectrum reciever. turnigy plush 18a esc's and SK3 2826 1240kv motors with 8040 props. this all worked great with the kk2.0 board but i'm looking for more functionality.

this is the exact board i'm using.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/crius-upgrad ... -0-se.html

PatrikE

Re: Flip on take off

Post by PatrikE »

Sounds like you swapped some outputs.
Check that all ecs is conected to the correct output on the board.

I also changed MIDRC once.
managed to set it to 15460 should have been 1546...
It gave same result.

meldredge88

Post by meldredge88 »

when you say swapped outputs, do you mean maybe an esc is plugged into the wrong output on the FC?, i've looked at the picture layout of this board and i thought i had it right, i'll double check it. and what is MIDRC, sorry for being such a noob at this.

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

If all your connections are right it may be motor bullet connectors if you use them . If you do then i recomened you take them off and solder the wires !

meldredge88

Post by meldredge88 »

are bullet connectors really that bad? i do use them, i've used them for a while now with now issues, i do like the modular aspect of bullet connectors but i do know soldering is the best way to go.

meldredge88

Post by meldredge88 »

I checked my motor outputs and they are all almost perfectly even and the xyz axis seem to be working. i've double checked the electrical connections and they all seem to be good. i'm lost on what i should do, i've calibrated each esc individually and the front two motors spin up a whole lot more than the rear two causing it to pitch backwards then flip if enough throttle is implied. it seems like an esc issue but they have been calibrated and individually they work great with minimum to maximum. anymore ideas? i can post up my config.h file and maybe take some video and pictures of the setup if needed.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Some hints for debugging.

Start over with a fresh unzipped copy and test.
Do minimal changes. (select Board & Model)
No gps etc...

Check the connection diagram for motors.
Check orientation of the board White arrow points to front.
Calibrate Acc & Mag from Gui.

Tests...
Without Props offcourse
Or ESC's disconnected. Power the board from USB.

Graphical Copter in Gui should move like the real.(Heading and angles)
Arm the card and increase throttle.
Check if motor indicators in gui compensates correct.

With props and power on motors.
Hold Copter firmly.
Arm and increase throttle a little.
Tilt it in different directions.
It should clearly resist any movemens you do.

Good luck

meldredge88

Post by meldredge88 »

was able to get the motors inline but now when checking the graph. the mag is all over the place and never zeros out. it that correct? even after trying to calibrate the mag i get the same thing, also when holding the quad with a little throttle with self level on it really goes nuts when trying to self level, i'm thinking it has something to do with my mag being all over.

meldredge88

Post by meldredge88 »

edit to previous post. the mag is not changing but it never zeros out. is that ok?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

The MAG can show values that seems way off.
The only intresting is Heading.

The front in gui should be same as the copter.
If the front drifts in the gui the calibration is wrong.
Alternative there can be a magnetic field near the MAG disturbing it.

You can check if all sensors direction by following this.
faq#How_should_be_the_sensor_axis_directions

meldredge88

Post by meldredge88 »

i'm an idiot lol, i had two motor outputs swapped front right swapped with rear left, i thought i had confirmed that it was correct but i guess i over looked it. but now i've got a few other issues that i think i can figure out via searching some forums and this one, at least I can get off the ground and fly around a bit. thank you very much for helping. i learned a lot about programming the multiwii through the process though.