Huge jerkiness in bicopter

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
LuisFCorreia

Huge jerkiness in bicopter

Post by LuisFCorreia »

Hi,

my new bicopter build is complete as for hardware design and setup.

MultiWii software is Release 2.1

As for electrical connections the settings are:

the 3S Battery powers up both ESC,
Each ESC powers one servo via the BEC,
the Arduino Mini gets 7v from the charger plug, then
it powers the Bluetooth receiver and the gyro+acc sensors.

for now, the RC remote signal is being fed directly through THROTTLE/PPM_SUM pin using a cable.
this is not the final remote control setup, but rather a test. I do not intend to fly it as it is.

Please, make honest comments on why you think this is all kinda wrong.

http://youtu.be/lY2LQ9OY9uA

bill516

Re: Huge jerkiness in bicopter

Post by bill516 »

I had a similar symptom in my tri copter tail servo which required a code tweak from Alex to tame it down, its on this site somewhere. I still get a similar symptom on the ground but it stops in flight or if I place my hand on it, sort of like gets into a shake and over corrects so shakes even more, part of the problem is flex in my tail boom and the landing gear. I did reduce the P setting for YAW down to 4 or something like that and that and that also helped. At present my Bi-copter setup doesnt do that but I had problems with the esc's on power on until I used a bec to power the servos and a bec to power the board, I think the servos were drawing too much power at start up which caused the esc's not to initalise properly. Cant give any more help as I'm not able to get to work on any of my copters at the mo too many other jobs to do.