multiwii se uploading andconnections

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
djrocketodd

multiwii se uploading andconnections

Post by djrocketodd »

Hey all,

I am very new and after reading stuff for about 3 days I cant figure out my multiwii board. I have a number of problems and questions...

1. FIXED, hd ftdi plugged in backwards :(

I have arduino 1.0 and multiwii 2.1 I have uncommented define quad x, define crius multiwii se.

When I try to upload the sketch all the lights on the board light up and arduino says uploading, and the progress bar stays around the 80% stage for more then 5 minutes.
What board should be picked in the arduino menu,
what programmer should be picked in the arduino menu

3. STILL NEED HELP the board came with 3 jumper cables to go to the rx, but 2 of them are split out, see pic. where do the cables go, or do i need to buy some more 3 pin to 3 pin

Please Help!! I will continue searching for answers in the mean time.
Thanks
Attachments
where do the cables go?
where do the cables go?
picture of board
picture of board

bill516

Re: multiwii se uploading andconnections

Post by bill516 »

See connection diagrams on home page of this site which will show you what to connect to where, D3,9,10 and 11 are the connections to the esc's while D2,4,5 and 6 are the connections to the flight controls channels on your rx.

It is normal to power the board from an esc or ubec and disconnect and tape up the centre wire from the other esc's. Power to your rx will come from the esc via the board.

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

you need to pick the dumilove w/atmega328 in arduino ! And you also need to uncomment define 12c pullups in firmware along with what you already uncommented ! As far as the cables go , the cable with three on one end , you hook the side with one end to the signal pins for pitch yaw and mode on the flight control and then hook the other three ends to the receiver accordingly ! then hook the other cable that has one connector on each end to the throttle on the flight control and rx throttle channel ! That cable has the signal ,power and ground to power the rx ! and then this diagram shows you what number on board to plug speed controls on ! http://www.multiwii.com/wp-content/uplo ... DX_328.jpg Hope this helps ! :D

Hurring

Post by Hurring »

Postby chris ables » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm
you need to pick the dumilove w/atmega328 in arduino ! And you also need to uncomment define 12c pullups in firmware along with what you already uncommented ! As far as the cables go , the cable with three on one end , you hook the side with one end to the signal pins for pitch yaw and mode on the flight control and then hook the other three ends to the receiver accordingly ! then hook the other cable that has one connector on each end to the throttle on the flight control and rx throttle channel ! That cable has the signal ,power and ground to power the rx ! and then this diagram shows you what number on board to plug speed controls on ! http://www.multiwii.com/wp-content/uplo ... DX_328.jpg Hope this helps ! :D

Gday Chris,

Any chance you could post a picture? Where does the second cable with 3 ends go?

cheers

Adrian

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Here's some pics of the three end servo cable installation ! :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Hey that's not a crius board that's a hobbyking ! You need to go to hobbyking site and read the reviews on the page the board is on at bottom of page and someone put on there how to setup firmware for that board ! Disregard what i said to uncomment in firmware because that board sets up totally different than crius board ! Glad you put the pics on here and i noticed this just now and sorry i didn't notice it earlier ! You'd think the sites selling these and the makers of this board would put a connection diagram on them ! I guess the makers of boards think we are suppose to magically know what to hook where right ? :evil: