cant get the gui !!!!!!!!!!

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
quadcrazy

cant get the gui !!!!!!!!!!

Post by quadcrazy »

hello, ive had the multiwii conf ready to go for some time now, but i have not gotten readings on the gui so i bought a new ftdi board. while i am waiting for this i decided to download the driver and flashtool to program a kk board for another project im working on.,got it going after i downloaded java 64, (im using windows 7 64 bit with 32 bit browser)now im back to the multiwii and when i try to open the multiwii conf i get a pop up saying windows cannot find javaw.exe. what did i do to make this happen??

doughboy

Re: cant get the gui !!!!!!!!!!

Post by doughboy »

only the 32bit gui works. of course nobody will tell you that and just let you find out for yourself, just like everything else with multiwii :)

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

I know there is some on here running 64bit ! I have been helping quadcrazy for awhile now and anyone that knows the setup for windows 64bit could you please help this guy ? He has been very patiant and i know he's ready to fly ! @doughboy if you talk bad on here you will never get a response and i have flew every multirotor brand and multiwii kicks tail for me ! It took me months to figure it out but now it takes me 20 minutes to completely setup my multiwii 's including compiling ,flashing ,and calibrating ! @alexinparis - is this 64bit gui any problem ?

quadcrazy

Post by quadcrazy »

thanks chris, the thing is .....i have not yet got my new ftdi board, im just trying to open up the gui without any connection to the quadcopter, could this be the problem?? i swear i have opened this up out of boredom without any connection to the multiwii board. all i know for sure is i had to download java 64 to open up the kk board flashtool, java says i have to download the 32bit version as well but when i try that it says i cannot have both versions??? i googled windows cannot find java.exe and it says you have to create a path to java,so either im an idiot and i have to have the ftdi board hooked to the quad, or ive done something wrong and confused the java , also i do have java 7 setup 7 in my programs and i have tried to uninstall this but it will not uninstall!!!!

quadcrazy

Post by quadcrazy »

also i uninstalled the java 64, installed java 32, same thing, windows cannot find javaw.exe

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Quadcrazy go read this post i made for you ! viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2516 they say they are running the 32bit gui on both 32bit and 64bit computers ! Hopefully you can get the 32bit to open when you get your new ftdi ! Just hang in there and keep being patiant and i know you will be glad you did because all the people on here will always be here to help ! If it wasn't for them i would still know nothing and im still always learning new things ! 8-)

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

I found out a couple more things for you quadcrazy ! The gui will open up with the board and ftdi disconnected ! 2nd I found out that some antivirus programs will not let the GUI operate correctly ! If you have an antivirus you might want to disable it while running GUI ! But sounds like you have a java problem to take care of first ! ;)

quadcrazy

Post by quadcrazy »

yes, i believe it is the java, because it worked before i messed with different java downloads, im taking my computer to a friend tmrw who says he can fix this, i will let you know chris, and thanks again, you have helped me so much, and thanks to all who also helped me :)

quadcrazy

Post by quadcrazy »

ok, my friend got my gui going again, how?? well he created a path to java, put them both together in a folder, so now i can use my kk board flashtool, or my multiwii conf (gui) as i need them. but for now i need the gui, (when i get my new ftdi board i hope i get readings this time!!) so for now i wait, thanks again to all

Bhuwan

Post by Bhuwan »

Is this a multiwii issue or a java issue>?