setup help needed

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
2rex

setup help needed

Post by 2rex »

Hi, I have recently bought a PARIS sirius v4r6 CPU IMU Multiwii Plug-n-Play Board with USB.
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...irius-v4r6-usb

I have plugged it into the usb on the computer and opened MultiWiiConf v2.1.
The green led flashes quickly then goes off. There is a blue light and a small red light that stays on.
When I select "start", a small red light continually flashes as all the boards' data is read.

My big problem is that I cannot arm the board, and moving the Tx controls does not change anything in the GUI.
It seems my Tx doesn't communicate with the Paris board.

I have also tried a Spektrum Tx/Rx (brand new), with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a Eurgle Tx/Rx.
The Rx is wired to the board as;
Ch1-yellow, AILERON
Ch2-orange, ELEVATOR
Ch3-white,red,black, THROTTLE
Ch4-green, RUDDER
Ch5-blue GEAR
Ch6-purple. FLAPS

I have selected ACRO,PPM in the Tx.
Last edited by 2rex on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bill516

Re: setup help needed

Post by bill516 »

You have powered up the Rx and Tx havnt you, you will not get any Tx response in the GUI unless you do. Before you can arm your motors you must calibrate the acc at least once. The description of red, yellow, or purple wires means nothing to us, channel 1 goes to ? roll, pitch, yaw, throttle, aux 1 etc. Does you throttle goto below the min command if not you wont be able to arm the motors. The easiest thing to do is goto the the home page of this site and read through Connecting Elements, Software and FAQ's there is a wealth of information there if there is anything in there you dont understand or are unsure of then come back and ask, multicopters are easy, when you have it sorted.