Emulate RX from computer via MultiWii config?

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
dr3x

Emulate RX from computer via MultiWii config?

Post by dr3x »

Just started building our first quadcopter yesterday, the DJI 450; got to the point where we are hooking up the Quadrino; and we see the device is powered up but not sure everything is working correctly.

Since we're brand new to the Turnigy 9x controller also, is there a way to emulate the RX via the USB connection from a computer via MultiWii config or other software? I want to make sure rotors are spinning correctly, etc before I introduce the rx/tx system because I'm not sure that's configured correctly.

copterrichie

Re: Emulate RX from computer via MultiWii config?

Post by copterrichie »

I have not tried it but maybe defining "//#define RCSERIAL" will give you the serial part on the MWC but you will still require a program on the computer to send the commands.

justk1w1

Post by justk1w1 »

dr3x,

The best way is to hookup the RX so that you have atleast a bit of control over quad - Remember to do all this sort of the setup without the props on.

dr3x

Post by dr3x »

Thanks for the replies.

Actually I figured out that the MultiWii config software gives me almost everything I'm looking for - when the RX is hooked up I can see if the sticks are set up correctly; and it even shows whether the Quad is armed or not (quicker than checking the tolerances). Not sure whether I should be hooking up the battery and the USB at the same time so I only hook up one or the other.

Now I'm wondering if there's a way to pass on the stick info from MWC to a flight sim so as not to need special cabling on the TX.