step by step tutorial

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
gregio

step by step tutorial

Post by gregio »

i that any step by step tutorial how to set sensors esc

tovrin

Re: step by step tutorial

Post by tovrin »

as you figure out your own sensors, i would suggest that if there isnt a tutorial for it that you create one.

I dont mean to sound blunt or rude, truly i dont, because i am working on creating a tutorial for my quad, but as with every handmade (verses kit bought) quad, they are all different, i have a x525 frame (modified tie strap landing gear, -minus the provided 3/4" fiber motor mounts (mounted directly to aluminum frame)), with paris 3.0 FC (modified with gy-86 chipset) aeolian motors and ESCs

as unique as my PID settings are is as unique each DIY setup will be.

this is a open source project still in early stages (hence they are only version 2.1), everything that exists is because someone did it. if it doesnt exist, it needs yet to be done.

look on youtube for multiwii and you will see there is MANY documents to guide you. please feel free to contribute all of your honest work to this great project. I claim nothing, as i have only contributed to helping newbs get started by answering their questions. since yours didnt end with a specific question, or even a question mark, i hope i have at least helped.

bill516

Post by bill516 »

What you are looking for does not exist, as Tovrin said every copter is different, however goto the home page of this site and you will see: connecting elements, software, FAQ's and various links on them to guides and how to's that other people have done. There is a lot of reading, but there is no short cut to building and operating a multicopter properly, if you dont understand something then ask a question in the forum and people will help where they can.

There is a short cut you can take but that involves throwing everything together then asking how it works, by which time you have probably spent a fortune on props, motors and maybe even frames, and then you find out that what you have bought is not big enough or its too big etc.

Having a basic grasp of theory of flight will help as you will then understand the terms that are used and the interaction of the various forces that are involved. One thing I will point out is multicopters say they have a stable mode, they do but only after you have set it up, it does not work out of the box.

gregio

Post by gregio »

i mean how to calm down speed contol and other sensors

bill516

Post by bill516 »

Speed controls are "tamed" by using rc rate and rc expo in the gui, rc rate of 1 is expert or crazy, drop down to about .5 .6 to make it "tamer", expo reduces effect of stick movement near the centre. Sensors are controlled by the PID's and as such it is a dark art, its what Tovrin and I were referring to when we said each copter is different. As a start drop roll, pitch and yaw P to about 4 set I and D to 0, increase P until copter becomes unstable then take it back a step, do same for I and D. There are some guides to tuning PID's on the home page links plus one or two within the forum.

gregio

Post by gregio »

hi now i have a provlem i have i frysky 7 chennel and futaba ff7 teand when i conenct the batrey esc get staret and then when i get the thottle nothing is happend i have quad x

bill516

Post by bill516 »

First you have calibrate the acc at least once then you can arm the motors and they will then respond to throttle. These answers are in the Software and FAQ's on the home page they are applicable to all Tx's. The reason you have to arm the motors and they have a min speed is for safety.

gregio

Post by gregio »

tnx i hope oyu are not angry