Multiwii SE v0.2 help for newbie

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Davy Crockett

Multiwii SE v0.2 help for newbie

Post by Davy Crockett »

Hello all

I need help with my multiwii board please

I have just replaced my KK board with a multiwii and am having real trouble with getting it set up properly. I have arduino and multiwii v1.9 software and initially set up the board in the GUI, calibrated ESC's, acc, mag and all 'channels' and motors were visible on the graphs/diagrams. Quad flew but was a bit short on lift and motors seemed to pulse during flight.

Dont know why but in arduino I uploaded to the board and lost everything, GUI wouldnt 'see' the board anymore. I was at it til early hours and have managed to get it back to X copter config but it only logs the yaw on the mag in the graph, it wont let me calibrate anything and I'm completely stuck on where to go.

I have followed the newbies guide but still cant get it to work, and really need some help

Thanks in advance

Davy Crockett

Re: Multiwii SE v0.2 help for newbie

Post by Davy Crockett »

Update..

With arduino I have selected board as Arduino nano w/ ATmega 328, opened multiwi_1_9.pde and uploaded, closed arduino and run 1.9 gui and it only logs the 1 channel as described above. I cannot calibrate mag or acc and am completely stumped!!

What worries me is there is very little information on setting this board up and surely I'm not the 1st to have this problem.

All I want is to get the board up and running, I miss flying my quad!!

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated

Dave66

Post by Dave66 »

I also upgraded from a KK to the Crius SE board, steep learning curve, you need to read a lot. Start with the basics, forget 1.9 and download 2.1 . Plug in board, open Arduino, select Arduino Pro (5v) 328, select your serial port, select programmer (I use USBasp). Open 2_1.ino, go to config.h, define QUADX, define Crius SE, save and upload. Now open the GUI, select your port, hit start and see if it works. This took me days to figure out but it's time well spent, the MWC project is amazing and continues to grow.

After your first flight you will put Alex on your Christmas list.

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Those pulsing motors are from vibration in frame ! I have a crius board and found this out first thing ! If you pm me what radio, esc's, and your quad setup -quadx,ect. I can compile v 2.1 for you and all you will have to do is install it ! You will have to download v2.1 and use the v2.1 gui with the 2.1 firmware ! It flies much better than 1.9 ! Just pm me an email adress if you would like me to do this for you ! :)

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Dont know if you read this yet but a good starting place for that board ! http://fpvcentral.net/wp-content/upload ... -22-12.pdf

Davy Crockett

Post by Davy Crockett »

Thanks for the replies guys, I was nearly at the point of finding a brick wall to bang my head against!

I'll try the 2.1 and see if can manage to sort it

Chris, thanks for the kind offer. If I cant sort it I'll pm you

Thanks again

Davy Crockett

Post by Davy Crockett »

I cannot thank you guys enough........I know have all sensors showing on the graph!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just have to set it up and fly now

I am using a spektrum AR6100 rx that I used on the KK board, can I connect it the same way, a 3 pin cable for each channel (throttle,ail,elev and rudd)?

Davy Crockett

Post by Davy Crockett »

Also, when I upload the sketch file with arduino, then run the 2.1 GUI, everything is fine, but if I disconnect the lead then reconnect, the GUI wont read the board??

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Davy Crockett wrote:Also, when I upload the sketch file with arduino, then run the 2.1 GUI, everything is fine, but if I disconnect the lead then reconnect, the GUI wont read the board??

I think this is normal i have to restart gui if i disconnect board with every version ! :)

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

click close comm before disconnecting and then click the comport # when you want to start again.

Davy Crockett

Post by Davy Crockett »

Following all your advice and Chris kindly sending me a new sketch file, just uploaded and had 10 mins tinkering with the PID settings, not only is it off the ground, but its like a new quad!!!! So stable in the hover, can throw it around and its like its on rails!!
Thanks for the advice and HUGE thanks to Chris for his efforts

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Alright !! Great news !! Was no problem at all , glad i could help out ! :D