Setting up Plush 25A in sketch

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Dave66

Setting up Plush 25A in sketch

Post by Dave66 »

Have been flying KK boards for a while but I am new to the MultiWii project. Quite the learning curve. Using a Crius SE(running 2.1), Turnigy Plush 25A, NTM 28/30As, on a quad, and this thing flies great. Level, Baro, and Heading hold all work well and Headfree is almost like cheating.

My first question is about the Minthrottle and Mincommand. With the KK board the motors did not move when they were first armed, but with the MWC they go to 1150 RPM, this is great, much more stable on quick desents. Under config.h Minthrottle recomends 1300 for the Plush 10a ESC, is 1150 ok for the Plush 25a? I have Mincommand set to 900, should it be higher?

Second question is about the camera pitch and roll. I usually run the camera pitch servo directly from the Rx (I don't use roll) but the Crius has the Cam Stab option, would the Rx to board input be pin A0 and the output to the servo be pin D5 or D6? Or is A0 an output to the servo?

Many thanks to the people who created the MultiWii project and to everyone on these forums. GPS on the wish list.

Th0rsten

Re: Setting up Plush 25A in sketch

Post by Th0rsten »

Simply set Minthrottle to a value where your motors startup well.
I'm running Plush 10A at 1100.

Mincommand is at its default of 1000 with a Spectrum TX/RX.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

yea thorsten is right, you can experiment with this one, you want to make sure that your min throttle keeps your blades spinning but as slowly as possible without shutting off.

my aeolian escs were never mentioned in this forum so i had to experiment and ended up with a 1120 setting, and then bumped it to 1150 because i got better throttle response when accelerating heavily from min throttle.

jaajaajaa

Post by jaajaajaa »

I use turnigy plush 25a with minthrottle at default 1150 and they work great.