Community check before buying my mwc quad?

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
acemtp

Community check before buying my mwc quad?

Post by acemtp »

Hello,

I think I'm almost ready to buy parts but before that, I would like to know if you see some mistake/error/missing part in my list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... Dk1aUMyTHc

Thank you!

acemtp

Re: Community check before buying my mwc quad?

Post by acemtp »

Oh and, do you have a better experience with rctimer or goodluckbuy?

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

buy extra props!

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

acemtp wrote:Oh and, do you have a better experience with rctimer or goodluckbuy?

My personal preferences is RCTimer for Motors and ESCs.

penpen77

Post by penpen77 »

a little more 'C' in your lipo, better efficiency, more lifetime, etc... 35C/40C

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

penpen77 wrote:a little more 'C' in your lipo, better efficiency, more lifetime, etc... 35C/40C

+1 for the higher C rating.

penpen77

Post by penpen77 »

summary (in my opinion, feel free to change/investigate)

- Battery: more 'C', like 35C/40C, and buy 2 or 3 (first flight, you dont handle throttle and attitude very well, so many up-down-up-down-up, draw current quickly, 4/5min flight, and wait for charge bat again.... very frustrating ^_^
- Motor: 2212/13 or 2830/11, i've the same questioning too, broke some motor since MWC can't get through wall... nice futur feature to implement ^_^ .I'll take 2830, same weight, almost same KV (930/1000) but more "watt" efficiency, so ability to carry more extra weight/torque/etc... (larger bat, aggresive flight or fpv gear)
- Propeller: Buy at least 12 pair (24) pack ^_^
- Frame: the x525 is cool (got one) , like a "bat-a-rang"once folded ^_^ but, CF motor mount, spring and landing CF are "weak" and broke easily during bad landing, several rip, shock, so be carefull with that
- TX: the flysky ct6 is a dead end...., buy something more "computerised" with lcd, pot/switch, profile/modele memory, real curve/expo/dual rate, especialy with MWC aux and different kind of flying. The first Tx i bought was a fs-ct6 and, 2month later, i bought a 9x, 3year and i've still this TX (now, just change module to frsky for range/telemetry/fpv). IF YOU HAVE SOME DEV/ELECTRONICS SKILLS (really) take a look at a 9x and er9x firmware (same price range as fs-ct6b, branded in turnigy/imax/flysky/eurgle), or look at an already flashed/"boarded" 9x (more expensive, but still interesting) or more "traditionnal/expensive tx, which are great to, like DX,JR,Futaba)

acemtp

Post by acemtp »

Okay, I hear you clear and loud. Thank you for your feedback.

I'll definitively take a battery with 35/40 and take at least 2. take more propeller. I'll look for the 2830 motors.

For the TX, I looked at 9x but it's unavailable on HK and on ebay it's at least $110 that is 2 times expensive than the ct6. Do you have somewhere to buy it for the same price range than ct6?

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

i have a cheapo 6 channel TX and i guess i am not spoiled, it works fine for me, i dont miss features ive never had.