New and in need of help :)

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
mummi

New and in need of help :)

Post by mummi »

Hi all,

Before I start I am new to the whole multicopter concept, I bought a micro 3D heli a few months ago and am completely in love. My brother bought a Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 and I must say flying it with a phone (iPhone) tablet (iPad) is in my opinion ridiculous. So I started looking into RC modding it and it can be done but while looking around for mods and such for the ARdrone I found something much more interesting making your own :)

After looking around I think that I will go with the multiwii. But I have a few questions, I have found a great deal of solutions making your own (I don't have the best soldering skills but I could always get someone to do it for me or practise until I can do it myself) or buying a complete one. So my question is WSIG?

PARIS Sirius CPU IMU v4 99$

and then these three.

MultiWii Multicopter Lite 29.89$
MultiWii SE Standard 54.99$
MultiWii Pro V2.0 134.99$

I am not sure what the difference is between lite, standard and pro.

What would you guy's recommend for a first quadcopter build but also something I can build on that is I want to be able upgrade it later on. I own a 7ch 2.4 Tx and Rx for my first project I don't want/need telemetry or live video feed I was thinking of mounting a flip ultra HD on it to record flights and later on think about live stream etc..

chris ables

Re: New and in need of help :)

Post by chris ables »

Go to rctimer.com they hava the multiwii se board cheaper and have great service ! The se board has acc for autoleveling and barometer ! They also have gps modules to add later ! Dont get the rctimer esc unless you know how to reflash them ! I use hobbywing skywalker 20 amp esc's and 2208 1200kv motors from goodluckbuy on the mini x400 frame also from goodluckbuy ! I run 8x4.5 gemfan props on it ! You will need 2 counter and 2 counterclockwise! Battery is 2200mah 50c 3s ! Weight is important on this setup so dont get any larger battery ! This setup is the first very stable and very solid flying setup that i had ! Im sure theres tons of more great setups and maybe someone will give thiers to you ! With this setup you just need to hook to gui and setup radio and calibrate and fly ! Dont use motor connectors between esc and motors though ! I did this at first and had motors skip and shut off in flight resulting in crash ! Anyway here's you one inexpensive setup that flies great and helped me tremendously!! Good luck and dont be affraid to ask questions on here as they are great people here !

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Oh yeah the setup i mentioned is quad x setup and probably wont fly a camera such as the flip ! It will on the otherhand fly a camera such as the one in rctimer on the multicopter accessories page ! It's on the last page on multicopter accessories ! Read read and read some more about programming multiwii and the members on here can also help setting up and help with programing !

mummi

Post by mummi »

chris ables wrote:Go to rctimer.com they hava the multiwii se board cheaper and have great service !
I noticed that they are selling v1.0 and the ones on ebay are 2.0 is there any big difference I should be aware of?

Also awesome tip thanks :)

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

There is only a 0.2 and 1.0 version and not a 2.0 ! I run the lite board with just gyro and acc so i dont know the diffrence other than the 1.0 being a little smaller board and the newer version that just came out ! Maybe someone else on here knows what all the diffrences are ! I also believe the 1.0 is the one if you want to add gps ! They have both of them on rctimer ! You have to click multirotors on the left hand colum on thier site and then flight controllers on the same colum under multicopters !Free shipping on everything also!

flyguy

Post by flyguy »

i may pick up the 1.0 board. thanks for the info.

jraulj

Post by jraulj »

hello
me too im in need of help
but later on because i just got my board and frame on the mail
if you dont mind i will ask you guys about the software to load on this board.
thank you