PARIS flight controller motor issue

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
teslahed

PARIS flight controller motor issue

Post by teslahed »

I've just been testing my MultiWii PARIS board hooked up to my quadcopter with the motors and speed controllers (without props).

I'm having a few issues with my Rear_R (rear right) motor lagging behind the others and my Front_R leading. In the wingui program I can see that they are about '100' off from what they should be. My first thought was to see if the motors or speed controllers were faulty but I've swapped both of those out and it's made no difference.

All trims are set to neutral. I'm using a spektrum dx6i. I've calibrated the accelerometers. I've tried the 3 most recent versions of the MultiWii code - I'm using the MPU6050 sensor so i think i need to be running 2.something for that to work.

Any suggestions would be welcomed at this point.

Pyrofer

Re: PARIS flight controller motor issue

Post by Pyrofer »

Don't fret over numbers.

Put the props on and do a gentle tethered test to see how it actually pulls.

I will lay odds its fine. Without the feedback of movement it does odd things in the gui.

teslahed

Re: PARIS flight controller motor issue

Post by teslahed »

That's handy to know, thanks.

One of the odds things it does at the moment is that it actually slows down the back right motor - i can hear it dropping in RPM as i hold the throttle at 50%. The front right motor holds itself at the slightly too high value without dropping and the two left motors act fine.

I'll put some props on as you suggest and see what happens.