auto levels, gyro, acc and magnetometer

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
lucaszanella

auto levels, gyro, acc and magnetometer

Post by lucaszanella »

If I set all these stabilizations to the AUX1 channel high, for example, what's recommended for me:

Should I fly with them activated ALL TIME or should I activate them only when I want to stay at the same point with the quadcopter?

I wanna know if I can fly with them always activated, and what are the differences between flying with them on and off.

Thanks!

bill516

Re: auto levels, gyro, acc and magnetometer

Post by bill516 »

Provided you have set them up properly then its up to you and the type of flying you do whether you fly with them on all the time or not.

Bozzy

Post by Bozzy »

You can fly with these functions activated, they should get your copter level when you release your sticks.
Off course your copter will move when you give stick input, so normal flight is possible.
The gyro will always be active
The acc will be active when you are in 'level' mode
the magnetometer will hold your heading around the yaw axis (it will not slowly turn around by error thanks to compass)

hexjump

Post by hexjump »

The quad needs always GYRO to fly. You have no option to desactivate it.
You can avtivate ACC if you want your quad keep staying there when you leave your hands off the sticks. That means the "autolevel". When you move yours sticks, the quad will fly under your control like there's no ACC.
MAG helps the quad to know its orientation. Be sure to calibrate all of these 3 sensors before going to have a try.
BARO makes it to know its altitude.

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

I have a switch that turns on the acc and mag, this way I have a stable quadcopter that I sometimes fly in my home. Without acc and with the current PID settings, which are the default ones, I can't fly it home like I did when I used "stronger" P settings. The other switch I use with the HeadFree option that I still have to explore more.

When I started flying the Multicopter I only used the gyro to understand how things work an also feel the difference that different sensors do but be careful when flying indoors if you don't have experience like was my case.

Steve_In_Brussels

Unresponsive Roll & Pitch in Stable Mode

Post by Steve_In_Brussels »

I've recently being trying to set-up the stable mode but have this odd problem.
I'm running multiwii 2.0 on a Crius SE FCU with a Spektrum DX6i connected via an OrangeRX, I'm reading out telemetry to the MultiWinGUI interface.

Acro mode is working well. But when I switch over to the Autolevel/ Stable mode (I'm trying to tune it), it is like pitch and roll are completely disconnected. The radio control can modify the throttle but I lose control of pitch and roll. They do not change at all when moving the sticks.

IDEAS?

justk1w1

Post by justk1w1 »

Steve,

Do you not have control or when you use the stick the quad just keeps tilting in that direction? Have you confirmed the orientation of the sensor board? check the sensor axis as per:
http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... rientation.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Steve,
calibrated the acc?
PID values for level at default (if level-P too low, tx inputs have little effect)?

Steve_In_Brussels

Post by Steve_In_Brussels »

I never worked out what the problem was. I checked just my notes -- I resolved the problem by upgrading to MW 2.1.

After MW 2.1 all was beautiful.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Sorry for not thanking you earlier. Yes the board was in the right direction. Acc was calibrated. PIDs were near the default values. I suspect some crap left in the EEPROM that I carefully cleared before the upgrade.