Motors 5 ad 6 not working

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
mulder

Motors 5 ad 6 not working

Post by mulder »

I currently have a weird problem i can't get my head arround.

i just finished my hex build last night using a CRIUS SE board, everything seemed to work fine... today during lunch I started tuning the PIDs and quite quickly I had a realitve stable copter. but, here is what I don't understand... after work I took her to the field, connected the battery and the ESCs just kept beeping, they would not start. I did calibrate the throttle previously and a few hours ago it flew with the exact same settings in my backyard :roll: i consulted the ESCs (HK Plush) manual and the beeping means that the throttle stick is not at zero, how can that be? I changed the MINCOMMAND from 1000 to 980 and flashed the firmware. The beeping stopped but only motors 1-4 are working, 5 and 6 which are connected to A0 and A1 do not spin up at all. I checked with a scope and the signal on A0/1 is different to the signals for the other motors. its a PWM signal, but different duty cycle.

any ideas what to do?

bill516

Re: Motors 5 ad 6 not working

Post by bill516 »

What ver multiwii are you using ?.

Have you swopped the motors over to another connection to prove they are working, same for the esc's, but not motor and esc together.

Have you checked in the multiwii code that you have the right selections, the readme text that is in the multiwii folder explains what has been changed from a previous version and if you need to comment or uncomment anything.

mulder

Post by mulder »

am using version 2.0.

I have swapped ESC connectors arround, always the ones connected to A0 and A1 don't run. Have connected to a KK board and all motors are spinning fine.

Also, I think that I setup the code correct because it was working in the backyard. no changes but a couple of hours later, and the spook began.

I have put the board in a quad frame where only motors on ports D3/9/10/11 are used and it is flying good. just a shame, I wanted to use it in a H6 config.

bill516

Post by bill516 »

only suggestion I can give at this point it to reload the sketch or load another sketch then re-load v 2. I have had a sketch that didnt load properly looked ok in the GUI but when I connected battery it did not want to play, reloaded sketch set it all up and everything was back to normal.

mlebret

Post by mlebret »

Hello,

There is a bug somewhere with 6 motors setup.
Look at "I changed the MINCOMMAND from 1000 to 980 and flashed the firmware"

Try with 1020 instead of 980 or 1000, because with a less than 1000 MINCOMMAND, Multiwii send a 2000 value to the ESC 5 and 6.

It's documented somewhere in the forum. I had this problem with my Y6 setup (Futaba PPMSUM). The "maybe" solution arrived too late for me (swapped my MultiWii to APM2).

Marc

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,
There is a problem with more than 4 motor configs on some promini setups.
It should have been solved in the last dev version (same behavior as 1.9 for 5&6 motors)

dr.tom

Post by dr.tom »

I have same problem :(
CRIUS SE board (promini) @ hexa model with 'Simon flashed' ESC's for faster response.
All working, tested in previous releases, no hw defect.

Like 'mlebret' said,
it looks like 2.0 Wii sends 2000-ish signal instead of 1000 or 980 to A0 & A1 when armed...
It even cut my hand when I connected battery, 2 motors started to spin at full speed! (A0 & A1)
(before flashing, it was ok, I have flown the model before, http://tinyurl.com/DrTomYoutube)

1.9 works ok, but 2.0 doesn't,
I need 2.0 to test GPS Navigatron board.
Will ther be a fix for it soon?

Is anyone there flying a Hexa with flashed ESC's? :?:
What did you change in the output.pde, did you use HW or Soft in config.pde..?

Thanks for help 8-)

dr.tom

Post by dr.tom »

Tried this, newest version
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downl ... p&can=2&q=

It flies, quite good, still some pid tunning needed, but that's normal.