MultiWii 2.0 GUI seems to crash/dump on me

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
likwidchz

MultiWii 2.0 GUI seems to crash/dump on me

Post by likwidchz »

Hi,

I received a multiwii SE in the mail today from good ol china and updated it with the 2.0 code.

When I run the GUI config in windows 7 x64 it runs anywhere from 5-30 seconds before the screen goes completely grey and the tx/rx leds are still working on the multiwii.
I'm running the 32bit version, the 64bit config fails to launch... however its not a big concern I have.

When I run this in a windows XP vm I don't notice these strange problems.

I have the latest java update.. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
--Aaron

MarkoeZ

Re: MultiWii 2.0 GUI seems to crash/dump on me

Post by MarkoeZ »

no idea, completely new to multiwii and started with 2.0. But i encounter the same problem. Although sometimes, it runs for a minute, maybe two before it crashes.

Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3.

kos

Post by kos »

edit the .bat located in the multiwiiconf directory and add the fallowing

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false

should them be able to connect from a remote computer using jconsole (1) to see what is going wrong , you might need some more power user tools (2) for debugging .. sound like this is windows specific issue anyway, time to reinstall windows ?

run the gui from a fresh virtual machine (3) and disable directX rendering , 60% chance it will solve you issue

1 : http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/doc ... l#starting
2 : http://www.eclipse.org/mat/
3 : https://www.virtualbox.org/

MarkoeZ

Post by MarkoeZ »

No offence, but about half the world is still using Windows XP, and only a tiny percentage even knows what debugging actually is. Might be nice if the GUI "Just Works" for windows.

kos

Post by kos »

the gui just work out of the box with windows xp sp 3 with java jre 7 . it also work out of the box for linux ..

edit : i did write a java monitoring app (based on jfreechart) but only moniroting .. you might consider using wingui (1) as an altnerative .

1 : http://code.google.com/p/mw-wingui/

likwidchz

Post by likwidchz »

Hey I like your monitoring tool. KOS

I guess I find it funny that there's all these high level ideas to debug the application when I'm not a software debugger. Honestly if these tools were straight exe's I bet people would have a lot less problems with them. Obviously the necessary dot net framework and whatever support things installed.

I'll just go ahead and run the program in a VM "which is a sloppy solution" and wait till someone figures it out..
If someone has the ability to recompile the java monitoring tool I'll certainly run it and post the log files

Kos.. I'll say it again, I really like your gui you built!

and a bit off topic... I think I want to put a GPS on this thing too, I ordered a multiwii lite, then realized the SE was better.. I have both now, however now I think I want to get a GPS on this thing... what "other" stuff can I put on this thing???
one other thing to note, the values that the Accelerometer give are those just arbitrary values?
Photos of my build to come.

kos

Post by kos »

likwidchz wrote:Kos.. I'll say it again, I really like your gui you built!

i did write a java gui only for monitoring (and log), i did not release anything , there is a confusion here ;)

the link i provided is for mw-gui wich was written by EOSBandit and is .NET based

MarkoeZ

Post by MarkoeZ »

Edit: hmm, confused

likwidchz

Post by likwidchz »

Oh, gotcha my mistake.

It seems like using someone else s GUI solves my problem then I'll use it.

and a bit off topic... I think I want to put a GPS on this thing too, I ordered a multiwii lite, then realized the SE was better.. I have both now, however now I think I want to get a GPS on this thing... what "other" stuff can I put on this thing???
one other thing to note, the values that the Accelerometer give are those just arbitrary values?

itswally1

Post by itswally1 »

I am having a problem with the GUI
Just bought the unit from the show in Long Beach CA
When I select the MultiWiiConfig V1.9 down load I get a 404 error from the web site.
So I tried the V1.7 and I get a error saying "Could not find the main Class. Program will exit"

any ideas??

bill516

Post by bill516 »

I have the same problem with v2.0 in Vista, I can run the 32bit for a while then the grey screen, 64 bit refuses to run even though windows says I have a 64bit system. I can run ver 1.9 no problem but I have been converted, I'm now using multiwiiwingui. I like to watch the compass swinging round as I twiddle my IMU and the Artificial Horizon as well as the Baro when I stand up and sit down.

Now does anybody know what does what in the program, like DBG* boxes I assume there debug but what are the bugs and what are all the things when you browse in the log browser, you know things like GMAG GRCC GRCX etc.

A help me file would be a great addition to this piece of software or 'mouse over' would bring up an item display to tell you what it is. Dont know if you can do that with this software I know you can in VB.

kos

Post by kos »

bill516 wrote:A help me file would be a great addition to this piece of software or 'mouse over' would bring up an item display to tell you what it is. Dont know if you can do that with this software I know you can in VB.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/ ... oltip.html

likwidchz

Post by likwidchz »

Mw-WinGUI-1.04

I stopped messing with the orignal GUI and used this one. It works a lot better and does not give me grief.

If anyone has any crap to give me feel free :)

--Aaron

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi to all,

I also had the problem of the GUI always crashing on me when I tried to configure the Crius SE FC. What I did was remove the hardware acceleration on the settings of the graphics display as you can see in the image.

2012-05-02_20-35-10.png

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

likwidchz

Post by likwidchz »

I don't know how many people on here still use windows XP , but if thats the case its time for an upgrade.

I do not use XP.

bill516

Post by bill516 »

I dont have any problem with my XP machine it runs both 1.9 and 2.0 fine, its the 64bit Vista machine that gives me grief. It works with wmp and nunchuck but as soon as I swop it for my imu on I get the problems, same setup on XP is OK.