Three way switch?

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
spagoziak

Three way switch?

Post by spagoziak »

Hey folks,

I'm on the verge of building my first MWC and I'm wondering how to set up the code so that I can use a three way switch for stabilization & baro.

For example, I'd like to manage this:
  • 1000ms pulse (0%) = WMP only
  • 1500ms pulse (50%) = WMP + Acc
  • 2000ms pulse (100%) = WMP + Acc + Barometer
Any ideas on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks!
spag

Alexinparis

Re: Three way switch?

Post by Alexinparis »

I plan to implement something like this with ranges for mode channel (AUX1).
[1000-1300] [1300-1700] [1700-2000]

For each range, customizable via checkboxes in the GUI:
ACC/ no ACC
baro / no baro
compass lock / no compass lock

Maybe another AUX2 RC chan if available with only 2 ranges to refine the checkbox settings or to control a cam.
And channel 7 & 8 for gimbal adjustment.

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Alexinparis wrote:I plan to implement something like this with ranges for mode channel (AUX1).

ACC/ no ACC
baro / no baro

Maybe another AUX2 RC chan if available with only 2 ranges to refine the checkbox settings or to control a cam.

This sounds perfect! Any estimates on when those features will be released? It sounds simple enough to implement, but programming is way beyond me... I'm sure it's a lot more involved than replying in a forum post :mrgreen:

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

Alexinparis wrote:I plan to implement something like this with ranges for mode channel (AUX1).

ACC/ no ACC
baro / no baro

Hey Alex, I think many people will end up mixing 2 two position switch, so there are 4 ranges.... What I'm getting at, why not set up for 4 values, then you could set the 3rd and or 4th off scale say range (0,0)(0,0)(1000,1500)(1501,2000) for 2 position, etc... or just a check box to disable a range or 2.

Have you given any consideration to setting up a Z axis accelerometer PID for throttle control(assist)? Another cool feature that could be enabled in various mode check boxes.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Centurian wrote:Hey Alex, I think many people will end up mixing 2 two position switch, so there are 4 ranges.... What I'm getting at, why not set up for 4 values, then you could set the 3rd and or 4th off scale say range (0,0)(0,0)(1000,1500)(1501,2000) for 2 position, etc... or just a check box to disable a range or 2.

A customizable range for each position would be more complicated to code...
but your idea is interesting to save a rc channel.

Most "modern" radio has a 3 pos witch button.
My first think is one channel with 3 pos switch (that could be used as a simple 2 pos switch, ignoring the center setting), and one other channel with just a 2 pos switch.

Have you given any consideration to setting up a Z axis accelerometer PID for throttle control(assist)? Another cool feature that could be enabled in various mode check boxes.

I think this is a way to explore in conjunction with the baro as the baro is not very precise.

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

cool i have a cheap flysky t6 radio. ~ $30 and its 6 channels usb / PC compatible. It has 2 variable knobs that your can assign to a channel with the potential for each one to easily cycle through numerous values. :mrgreen:

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

I'm using a spektrum dx6i, which has two 2-way switches and no potentiometers. kaycee from RCG posted this mix for making my transmitter mix a two way switch to act as a three way. Very clever!