NanoWii - Settings of multiwii for bicopter "FarCry6" style

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Teaz

NanoWii - Settings of multiwii for bicopter "FarCry6" style

Post by Teaz »

Hello everyone,

I recently played the new far cry game and there is a bicopter in it similar to "chinook" helicopter but using surface control instead of angular movement of the motor to control yaw and roll.

So i wanted to try this design and retrieved my old but still functional NanoWii.

I saw different youtube video with similar project but in the standard configuration (tilting the motor to control roll and pitch) but even like this the default configuration of multiWii for bi or dual copter is not working as expected...

i think there is a mismatch between the servo assignation pins (4/5 or 5/6) but not sure how everything is linked into the code.

Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Teaz
Last edited by Teaz on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teaz

Re: NanoWii - Settings of multiwii for bicopter "FarCry6" style

Post by Teaz »

Hey,

i have found some settings that seems to correspond to what i wanted, you have to choose bicopter in the config.h then go to output.h and find the "min mix table" chapter and change the "BI" settings lines like this:

#elif defined( BI )
motor[0] = PIDMIX( 0, -1, 0); //FRONT motor (pitch and thrust)
motor[1] = PIDMIX( 0, +1, 0); //REAR motor (pitch and thrust)
servo[4] = (SERVODIR(4, 2) * axisPID[ROLL]) + (SERVODIR(4, 1) * axisPID[YAW]) + get_middle(4); //FRONT servo (roll and yaw)
servo[5] = (SERVODIR(5, 2) * axisPID[ROLL]) + (SERVODIR(5, 1) * axisPID[YAW]) + get_middle(5); //REAR servo (roll and yaw)

Hamburger

Re: NanoWii - Settings of multiwii for bicopter "FarCry6" style

Post by Hamburger »

Teaz wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:00 pm
Hey,

i have found some settings that seems to correspond to what i wanted, you have to choose bicopter in the config.h then go to output.h and find the "min mix table" chapter and change the "BI" settings lines like this:
actually, you could define BI as your coptertype and then use MY_PRIVATE_MIXING in config.h for your special mixing needs. You put your entire mixing table in a separate file and have this config value point to it. That way, you need not fiddle with the original BI mixing table entry.