Turnigy 9x TX failsafe

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
FengShuiDrone

Turnigy 9x TX failsafe

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cereal_Killer

Re: Turnigy 9x TX failsafe

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Personally I dont setup my RX failsafe, I once had a problem where I had both multiwii and RX failsafe's setup and there was a conflict and it put multiwii into a interrupt loop that caused it to miss a FS condition and it would have flew away if I wasnt hovering under a tree when it happened.

Being a schooled computer engineer I have very little trust for any electronics, I have extensively tested both multiwii native and naze32 FS's and am more than satisfied they will catch any issues 100% of the time. I will NEVER set a RX failsafe again...

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Lol, two times in my RC life have I been saved by a tree, compare that to the 87215096120970943e187 times they've took me down...

To explain the situation above further: I had both MW FS setup as well as values programmed into each of the 4 TAER channels of the RX. When signal loss happened (dead TX battery) the RX went into FS and started putting out the set levels (1000uSec) on all channels. Because these values are in the safe range MW didnt recognize it as a FS. A sec later MW recognized the low throttle signal (1000) as a FS event and started to kick in but at that moment I was walking towards the model and got radio link back and that took the RX out of FS for another sec (this is where the interrupt loop kicked in on MWC) but when the TX gave out again totally it for some reason just kept seeing a part throttle signal...

I will say this for anyone else, if you insist on setting both, SET ALL CHANNELS BELOW THE ALLOWED RANGE, if that's not possible on your RX DO NOT use it, if you set it at only 1000 and it looses radio link multiwii will never know because that's considered a possible value. If all goes right it will drop cause 1000uSec is low throttle but multiwii's failsafe wont actually kick in at all, it will just keep on seeing 1000uSec from the RX and think all's well when really your radio link is gone... Again I've tested multiwii failsafe extensively and I'm confident it will catch all signal loss events, using a RX failsafe as well is dangerous as what happened to me above isnt rare, it was working how it was intended, the RX's minimum values (atleast on my DSMX RX's) are higher than the threshold for MWC to see as a signal loss.