multiwii 328p hobbyking

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
handsomejackuk

multiwii 328p hobbyking

Post by handsomejackuk »

couple of questions please help...

have this board

completely new to this.. have done raspberry pi and other firmware uploads / downloads... please help....dreambox satellite xbox modding etc etc..

are the multiwii sketches compatible to all boards..?

I dont know what firmware is in my board how can i confirm / and backup my sketch before i upload new sketch or modify the one that is in mine..?

i have the arduino program, and multiwii. conf...

is there a way of being able to read what firmware is in my board ?

need some help...

Al...

waltr

Re: multiwii 328p hobbyking

Post by waltr »

Connect the board to your PC and run MultiWiiconfig.exe. Connect COM port and click START. The code version loaded in the board will be display near the upper left corner.
To setup up anything you MUST have the SAME VERSION of MWconfig.exe as the code in the board.

You can not backup code that is loaded into FLASH.

Go read the Beginner's thread for more info, common mistakes and links to more info.

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

i got mwconfig working great, and can see all sensors gyro baro accelorometer all functioning...

so is it safe to flash other version of multiwii to board please ?

i will re-read the beginners section

thanks for your help...

Al..

waltr

Post by waltr »

It is safe but you need to ensure you have the correct board DEFINED in the config.h file.
I always re-FLASH MW boards to enable the feature I require like FailSafe and multiple-profiles.