ACC calibration at power on?

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
pki

ACC calibration at power on?

Post by pki »

Hi.

I'm getting some problems with the ACC calibration. Is it possible the calibration is not saved properly? I have to level my wing proper before connecting the battery. The position from the power on moment is taken as flat-leveled.

So seems the ACC is calibrated at power on. Or maybe the calibration never get saved?

cossack

Re: ACC calibration at power on?

Post by cossack »

Yes. I posted similar question yesterday
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5385

pki

Post by pki »

I saw this. My units are not booting that long. All units are booting quickly.

How can i see in the gui the acc calibration is complete? Or is this information only availible from LED/Buzzer?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

No ACC callibration at poweron but GYRO callibration.

cossack

Post by cossack »

So MultiWIi will not work fine if it moves while power on.

pki

Post by pki »

So what should i do if my acc get calibrated on every poweron?

waltr

Re:

Post by waltr »

pki wrote:So what should i do if my acc get calibrated on every poweron?

That is NOT recommended.
Acc Cal should only be done once in the GUI.
Then hover in ANGLE (self level) mode and note drift. land, disarm and use the ACC TRIM stick command to trim the level.
Rearm, hover and repeat until it hovers level with sticks centered (hands off).

Do note that the Gryo is cal'ed every time the FC boots and the FC MUST NOT MOVE during this cal. If it does or you think it did then manually force a gryo cal with the stick command.

pki

Post by pki »

I know it is not recomended. I am NOT doing the acc calibration by my self. It seems to be done automatically. Or the calibration is not saved properly to the eeprom. What can i check?

waltr

Post by waltr »

Hover in ANGLE mode and note any drift. If not much drift, beware of any light wind, then its good.

Acc cal is NOT done automatically. Only Gryo Cal is done automatically every time the FC boots up.

pki

Post by pki »

waltr, thank you for your answer. I know this all. I am doing the calibration in the way you describe. The machine fly well. On next power on it is uncalibrated again. If i power on the machine not in flat level it does not fly good, it is uncalibrated. You understand my problem?

waltr

Post by waltr »

It really should have keep the ACC cal and any ACC TRIM values and fly level on the next power up.
It has worked this way on all the MW FC boards I've used. There may be another issue.
Try loading and running the clear_EEPROM sketch then re-build and re-load your MW code. This can clear up weird issues.

Are you using the exact same version on MWconfig as the code that is loaded? This is important as a mis-match can corrupt the EEPROM.
If you want to Re-cal the ACC after booting then use the Stick Command.