Accelerometr issue

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Alex_ME

Accelerometr issue

Post by Alex_ME »

Hello! I've built a "+" quadrocopter and i foud a very strange problem.
There is a screenshot of MultiWii 1.9 config with issue.
Front and left motors' value is bigger then value of back and right motors. If i turn Stable mode off they will work great (they have the same values). Also I tried to trim the accelerometr. After trimming values became the same, but after I tilt the copter values are different again. I also tried to clean EEPROM but it's not work. What I need to do?

Hamburger

Re: Accelerometr issue

Post by Hamburger »

v1.9 is very old by now; you will hardly find anyone still interested in dealing with old times problems.
Use v2.0 and check if problem still exists. v2.1 is imminent already, you could even download the latest v2.1 release candidate.

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Im confused! That screenshot is version 2.0 gui ! If your using 1.9 firmware you must use 1.9 gui with it ! If your using 2.0 then the gui in your screenshot is correct one ! Use same gui as the firmware you are using !

Alex_ME

Post by Alex_ME »

Sorry, i don't wrote about this. First time i used multiwii 2.0 and there was this problem. Then I used multiwii 1.9 with multiwii 1.9 config becouse there is Acc trim and there was same problem. Also i tried 2.1 but there is same problem again! WTF?!!!

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

You cant trim acc in gui ! Only calibrate ! To trim acc you must use tx stick configuration ! Calibrating and trimming are two diffrent things ! Go to the multiwii.com page and click the software tab on top , then scroll down to the stick combination summary link and it will show you how to trim acc ! Read the info on that page so you will understand how it's done ! Hint: you leave the left stick where it shows you while you move the right stick up wait on led flash left wait on led flash down wait on led flash and right wait on led flash ! Led flash will be on your flight board ! Be sure your copter is level when doing this ! Also caibrate the acc with transmitter sticks also while your doing stick combinations ! This is also on that link ! Hope that helps and these other guys on here can help if not ! They help me all the time ! THANKS GUY's

bill516

Post by bill516 »

An easier and much quicker method of trimming the acc is to use the inflight calibration routine in the sketch
http://ncopters.blogspot.de/2012/04/how ... on-in.html describes how to do it.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

bill, have you done this? i am not sure but i may have a bad acc, i tried the method B that does not involve turning my motors off midflight, and it didnt help. the reasoni think my acc might be bad though is because it never zeroes out in the gui (bounces between 0 and -1 on pitch and roll) and everytime i try level mode it moves a different direction.

i mean my level mode works close to perfect, it always gets me mostly level, regardless of where i am. I am using genuine wmp and nnchk.

Alex_ME

Post by Alex_ME »

chris ables wrote:You cant trim acc in gui !

I know it. I've trimmed it with sticks. BUT I can't trim the acc in multiwii 2.0! I turned engine off, then i take max throttle then i trimmed with ROLL and PITCH sticks, but it didn't trim, LED don't lighting.

bill516

Post by bill516 »

I have a WMP and Nunchuck that does that, I think its because the sensor is between two points and doesn't know which one to choose, this method should be ideal for them as it takes a few readings then averages them so it should be more precise. If you think it hasnt worked then try it again, I did it a few times its so easy, except when you forget to remove the Tx trim then it goes all pear shaped. I found the passthru method the easiest to use, I wasnt sure if I did it right with the engine off one so tried them both and I know passthru worked.

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Alex_ME wrote:
chris ables wrote:You cant trim acc in gui !

I know it. I've trimmed it with sticks. BUT I can't trim the acc in multiwii 2.0! I turned engine off, then i take max throttle then i trimmed with ROLL and PITCH sticks, but it didn't trim, LED don't lighting.

It works for me in 2.0 ! You have to do this right when you hook battery up and before you arm motors ! And you dont use trims you just move throttle up and move the pitch and roll stick to all 4 sides as in diagram ! Also once you put throttle stick up you leave it up the whole time your doing the yaw and pitch stick ! Only takes me a whole 20 seconds to do this way and it works great for me !

Pyrofer

Post by Pyrofer »

You may find the stick isn't going far enough.

I found when I moved up to higher FW I couldn't trim anymore, where I could before.
However it was just an issue of how far the sticks moved. If I use the manual trim on my TX to adjust the stick in the direction I am moving it, I get the light flash to accept trim.

I think they adjusted the boundaries for trim or something.