Autoland jumping

Kbev5709

Autoland jumping

Post by Kbev5709 »

When I flip my quad's TX into autoland mode the quad goes down like it should but the minute it hits the ground it jumps back up several feet into the air and will repeat this over and over getting more and more energetic with each bounce. Safe to say that I need to do some adjusting somewhere......but where? PIDs?? They work great for all the other things like position hold and altitude hold the way they are. Is there some way to adjust the land detect function? It is really weird :shock:

Kbev5709

Re: Autoland jumping

Post by Kbev5709 »

I am not surprised that no one is helping. Oh well, I'm going to try and use a sonar and see what happens then. Anyone use sonar with autoland yet?

gregd72002

Post by gregd72002 »

Any success with this? I am wondering the same, I guess at the moment there is no way to detect the bounce without modifications to the code. Normally the moment velocity changes from negative to positive (down to up) the motors should be switched off immediately. This would address the problem. However at the moment MW does not use Accelerometer to calculate Z velocity and as such it cannot detect the bounce with enough accuracy.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

gregd72002 wrote:Any success with this? I am wondering the same, I guess at the moment there is no way to detect the bounce without modifications to the code. Normally the moment velocity changes from negative to positive (down to up) the motors should be switched off immediately. This would address the problem. However at the moment MW does not use Accelerometer to calculate Z velocity and as such it cannot detect the bounce with enough accuracy.

I'm still waiting on the slow boat from China for my sensors. I ordered them last month. Two more days and I will need to play the my item didn't come game with the vendor. :( I have seen others use autoland with no problems. When I tested it, I did not come down from more than about 5 feet in the air. The weather was unpredictable that day and I couldn't take it up high to test the landing from a greater height. Who knows, it might work better if I get more altitude before using it. I'm waiting for good weather where I live still too.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

gregd72002 wrote:Any success with this? I am wondering the same, I guess at the moment there is no way to detect the bounce without modifications to the code. Normally the moment velocity changes from negative to positive (down to up) the motors should be switched off immediately. This would address the problem. However at the moment MW does not use Accelerometer to calculate Z velocity and as such it cannot detect the bounce with enough accuracy.

Well, I never did receive my sensors from China. The vendor refunded me after I threatened to give bad feedback. I bought one from a U.S.vendor instead and it came in 6 days. So, I finally got a HC SR04 sonar module and managed to get it hooked up without shorting it with static. This bench test video focuses on the debug readouts in the Win GUI in the graphs window. The debug 1 through 3 is used as an altitude readout by the sonar. I will be doing a flight test as soon as the weather permits. I even have all of the sonar on off lights working in the Flight Deck section of the Win GUI, both the green sonar available on all the time and the red sonar active light that comes on when I actually activate it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_iX-U0LPg

dolphik89

Post by dolphik89 »

Can you share the configuration of MultiWii for that ?
Which else features instead of landing,safe home flying could be used with sonar ?

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

dolphik89 wrote:Can you share the configuration of MultiWii for that ?
Which else features instead of landing,safe home flying could be used with sonar ?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=a ... file%2czip

I found the lights code somewhere else on this forum but couldn't find it again.
I believe that sonar is used like Alt Hold for heights under 500 Cm. Flip the sonar switch and the craft stays at that altitude. I have no idea if it can be used during an autoland or not. I plan on trying if spring ever arrives in western Michigan.